Honored Contributor

Re: Plastic surgery.Yes or No?

I'm OK with the idea and would consider a minor bit, except, due to multiple health issues, I've had 7 surgeries with full on anesthesia.   Not a bit cosmetic I can assure you, and nothing you would look forward  to.

So, I'm thinking I best not press my luck.  🤔

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor

I am brave or plain stupid😁
Regular Contributor

Hitting the sack. Take care, Books
Honored Contributor

There would be many factors before I would:  I would have to have recommendations and know that the surgeon was top notch and actually see and talk to some of the people he worked on.  Of course, money is a big factor, someone top notice would cost a lot which I could not afford.  Also, my health is not that great so I don't think I would be a good candidate.  Even if these 2 things were not issues, I would not go for anything drastic such as a full face lift, but I would want a few things and I am sure it would be no picnic!  I would want a bit of work under my eyes -- they are not terribly lined but if they could make this area look more toned and young.  The upper lip area --- smooth that out.  I think several areas could be handled by some type of fillers.  The upper neck, under the chin area, I would like that to have more definition like in the old days!  So, I guess that would be a good bit of stuff.  I would never go for a nose job, face lift and all that stuff that some of the aging stars get and then they end up looking nothing like their former selves or like some kind of frozen in time thing!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@elated-- wish I could give you 100 stars!!!

No, I would never have plastic surgery.  Why mess with perfection?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I would never do injectables.I would only do minor tweaks.I’m not big on anesthesia or going under the knife.

Honored Contributor

Do you mean Cosmetic Surgery?

I haven’t seen the phrase ‘plastic surgery’ in such a long time.

There’s a difference between the two.

And no, I don’t have an issue w/ cosmetic surgery.

Valued Contributor

The previous posters seemed to know exactly what she meant, @sidsmom.

@Booksamillion, I say go for it!

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had enough surgery that was required to make me avoid any surgery that is discretionary. No cosmetic surgery or injectables for me. I wear make-up and try to look my best. That’s all I can do.

Honored Contributor

I would love to have my eyes done but in about 5 years I would have to do it again or just live with tired looking eyes.

I did have a tummy tuck once but it was not purely cosmetic.

I've had many tummy surgeries and the last one I had about 10 years ago, the surgeon needed to do a little tuck.    Of course it's 10 years later and I'm again a bit saggy.

It's best to take good care of your face & body all your life instead of trying to turn back the clock at a mature age.    But if you have the money, do it.