Regular Contributor

Re: Plastic surgery.Yes or No?

My old neighbor had breast reduction. Her insurance covered it. She showed us ladies and wow !Well done😀
Regular Contributor

I have to go now
Over and out,Books ☺
Honored Contributor

@Booksamillion wrote:
Yes,I can afford it. Even my husband supports me on it. Do not think I am stupid. I am any thing but stupid.
I am honest if nothing else!

Many can "afford it".  It's a matter of choosing to spend the money or not.  So when some say they can't afford it, they'd rather use their money on other priorities.

Respected Contributor

I would not do it because I feel the art of plastic surgery has not been perfected yet.  To me, the face is a composite of features and when you only change one or two of them, the whole picture is off.

Also, I don’t think the way tissues heal is always predictable.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At 49, I had a double mastectomy and almost a year of reconstruction surgeries. I had several surgeries including tissue expanders first, inserting the first set of implants into the pockets that my body rejected and the second set that were accepted...months of recovery after each of those 3 surgeries. Then came the reconstruction of areola and recovery again. That’s enough plastic surgery for me...paid by insurance or not. 

Regular Contributor

You are correct Sanatonia! See you all later.
Books out!
Honored Contributor

I don’t have a problem with it, it’s just some people don’t know when to stop. 

Occasional Contributor

If you know the risks and are okay with it then yes.  I am 64 had a facelift and brow lift 8 years ago.  best money i ever spent. every morning when i wake up, go to the mirror to brush my teeth, I love the person looking back at me. i love being pretty. and yes I am vain.  my psychologist who i spoke with before and after the surgery mentioned it.  a month later she had her eyes done.  i think people should be happy in life, life is too short not to be. do what will make you happy. not for anyone else.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don’t have a problem with it, it’s just some people don’t know when to stop. 

After that 'laser lift' I had several years ago, I look in the mirror today and think maybe I need to go back and have it done again. But I really think it's more about me being way too critical about how I look and then I catch myself...I tell myself to stop looking so closely and be happy with what I have now. I just have to fully accept getting older no matter how hard that seems to me sometimes. I always want to put up a fight even though I know it's a losing battle...sigh.

Respected Contributor

I have so many other things on my mind,  just can't focus too much on myself except for general healh issues that usually come with aging..