Respected Contributor

Re: Planning for Skinn Anniversary Shows - Dermappeal Reviews?

On 7/17/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 7/17/2014 Funloving said:

I gave my 74 year old aunt who is very fair complected and prone to break-outs a new jar of Dermappeal I'd purchased for myself (I stick to AHA and BHA now) and she loves it too.

I have to agree about the chemical rather than physical exfoliation. Also, if I am not mistaken, BHA will exfoliate or clean out deeper into pores than a physical, i.e. surface, exfoliation. Physical can be harsh on the skin's surface even if you're not really aware of it.

You got it Bella! You're spot on! BHA indeed penetrates deeper into the pores than physical is able. I've enjoyed chemical exfoliation with no irritation at all.

I need to be careful about broken caps that can happen with physical.. and not even realizing it--- just as you stated! I have a very small broken cap on one side of my nose due to irritating my skin with too much physical stress.

Respected Contributor

I love SKINN products, but the Dermappeal is pretty rough. Based on recommendations from this board, I tried the microdermabrasion product from ASDM of Beverly Hills. Love it! No heavy scent and a much softer feeling peel. My skin loves it as well.

Super Contributor

I was using Peter Thomas Roth Peel Pads till just recently when I ran out. My skin looked very good. Do you think that provides enough exfoliation? I was using a pad every morning.

Super Contributor

On 7/18/2014 brandiwine said:

I love SKINN products, but the Dermappeal is pretty rough. Based on recommendations from this board, I tried the microdermabrasion product from ASDM of Beverly Hills. Love it! No heavy scent and a much softer feeling peel. My skin loves it as well.

Oh good. I'm glad you like it:-)

Honored Contributor

I'm in my sixties have sensitive skin and use Derma peel. My suggestion is not to use as much as he suggests and make sure your skin is very wet before you apply it and start the scrub. Also, I do not take it down to my chest and go easy with the scrub on your neck.

Respected Contributor

I love the scent of the Dermapeel and it works great for my dry skin. It really leaves my skin soft and smooth and not irritated at all.

Respected Contributor

On 7/18/2014 myshell624 said:
On 7/18/2014 brandiwine said:

Oh good. I'm glad you like it:-)

Loving their eye creams as well. Just received the mineral make up. Just tried it and love the feel and color. Thanks so much for the recommendations.