Respected Contributor

Pillow Case Recommendation For Hair & Skin

Hello I need some suggestions for a pillow case that actually helps with skin and hair issues.  I have very frizzy hair and sensitive skin with rosacea and was wondering if something like a satin pillow case might help.

Or any other fabric suggestions....brand and so on.

Thanks a bunch for the helpWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Pillow Case Recommendation For Hair & Skin

My Derm recommended a silk pillowcase.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite   This is what is recommended.  Sold at Nordstrom.  Variety of colors.  $85 for Queen Silk pillowcase.

Also, try Smooth products by Aveda for your hair to get rid of the frizz.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite 

Purchased some satin ones from BB&B, also a silk from Aquis but only at 1/2 off.

Also would like to recommend getting a 360 mister (Sallys), spraying your hair daily with water and then a couple of drops of leave in conditioner. Deep condition once a week also.  Stay away from all silicones and sulfates they really dry the hair and aggravated the skin.

Isomers Copper P products are very soothing.

... and try that celery juice trendHeart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know about anyone else but when I used a satin pillowcase it stuck to my face. I'm a side-sleeper and I drool...plus my skincare stuff made it stick even more. I just can't use a satin pillowcase. I tried. Now I'm using copper infused cotton pillowcases...they are a high thread count sateen weave....much better for me than satin.

Respected Contributor

Amazon sells a number of silk pillow cases. About $20. I have ordered some them last month. I have dried them on delicate although it said to line dry. No problems.

Respected Contributor

I would recommend silk over satin.

Satin can be made up of nylon, polyester, or silk, which means it comes in varying quality. Some synthetics are great, but a cheap synthetic can feel stiff and rough. A good satin is smooth, has beautiful drape, and feels luxurious. You can't know what you're getting until you see it and feel it, so ordering satin online can be tricky. The cheap ones are not good.

Silk should be made from silk, not polyester, but you should read the information to be sure. Mulberry silks are usually very good.

Respected Contributor

My hair is straight as a stick so no recommendations for that but my skin is sensitive, has redness & tends to breaks out...I use a cotton pillowcase & change it out every night. I tried the satin but that didn't work for me..it slept hot & my face stuck to it. Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf  $20 for 100% silk???  That is quite amazing.  I have to check out myself.

Okay, I checked it out but it is a little confusing to me as to what kind of silk is being used.  On the fence right now.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Plenty of silks and satiins usually on ebay, I like mine to have a zipper.