Respected Contributor

Re: Pillow Case Recommendation For Hair & Skin

[ Edited ]

Sally Beauty has a satin zip pillowcase for $10.49.  Three colors: black, white, and beige (the beige looked grey on their website).  Standard pillow size.

I have had mine for years and it holds up well to washing and drying.  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Hello I need some suggestions for a pillow case that actually helps with skin and hair issues.  I have very frizzy hair and sensitive skin with rosacea and was wondering if something like a satin pillow case might help.

Or any other fabric suggestions....brand and so on.

Thanks a bunch for the helpWoman Very Happy

I haven't tried these but they sound good! shopHQ

Brand

Show

ValuePay

Respected Contributor

I always sleep on a satin pillowcase. Yes it may only be polyester satin, but if I sleep on cotton my hair is just a mess in the morning I have long hair. Also I feel the satin pillowcases are much cooler I don’t have any allergies or sensitivities though, so if you do maybe silk would work better

Honored Contributor

Don't care for satin.  Maybe they help with frizz in the hair -- I don't know as I didn't use long enough to find out.  I found the satin felt weird on my skin and as another poster wrote, my skin felt like it was adhering to the pillow case!  It felt uncomfortable.

All I can suggest is to use a nice soft cotton case, washed in fragrance free laundry soap, and dried using a laundry ball.  Change the case daily.  This has been the most comfortable for me.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin