Valued Contributor

Re: Pillow Case Recommendation For Hair & Skin

[ Edited ]

if you choose satin i can recommend betty dain satin pillowcase with zipper at amazon.   it has a foldover that covers the zipper.  it made a world of difference in keeping my daughter's hair smooth.  i hang to dry and have had four years.   

Honored Contributor

@mizree wrote:

if you choose satin i can recommend betty darin satin pillowcase with zipper at amazon.   it has a foldover that covers the zipper.  it made a world of difference in keeping my daughter's hair smooth.  i hang to dry and have had four years.   

Just to clarify, it is Betty Dain, not Darin. 

I also like the zipper with a foldover too. 

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle so much for my proofreading.  i edited my post.  thank youSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Some people swear by the them but I saw no difference after using one. I thought it was worth a try.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but when I used a satin pillowcase it stuck to my face. I'm a side-sleeper and I drool...plus my skincare stuff made it stick even more. I just can't use a satin pillowcase. I tried. Now I'm using copper infused cotton pillowcases...they are a high thread count sateen weave....much better for me than satin.

@SilleeMee  Oh MY! I forgot about that!  I did try a satin one so long ago I forgot until I read the replies here....it stuck to my face and I felt like I was slipping off of it all night long LOL!!

What brand of copper infused cases are you using?  I have seen on Evine/ShopHQ that doctor and his wife selling a copper infused case...or is it a pillow & case? I don't remember now but perhaps I can find something on amazon.

I presently use a Berkshire polar fleece case...have the set buy only use the case...it is soft but I am thinking it is causing to much friction on my hair....frizzying it/breaking it some as I sleep.  Also my cheek area gets a rough spot on both sides...I toss and turn alot.

I may just go back to one of my older cotton cases I have on hand...feel like the princess and the pea....I can feel everything!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite 

I got my copper infused cotton cases from Amazon. But I don't see them there anymore. The closest match to the ones I have are these:

F1F2 2-Pack Pillowcases Copper Infused Fiber Breathable Cool Comfortable

Item # B07Q73B2T9

They're silky but not slippery...if that makes sense.

Valued Contributor

I bought a king set from Amazon. Think I paid about $20.00. I like them, I got them in a light grey and they match all my sheets.

I have curly/frizzy hair and live in Florida so you can imagine what the humidity does to my hair.

I use a leave in conditioner and a Kenra Platium silkening Gloss. It keeps my hair under control and the satin pillowcases really help. I like how slippery they are so your hair slides on them rather than sticking. I also like how cool they feel to the skin.

I realize they are not true satin, but a poly blend but they feel smooth as satin and your hair really looks the way it did when you go to bed.

My hair in the morning with cotton pillowcases, looked like I got tossed in the wind. Now my hair is flat and looks smooth.

I just got them a few weeks ago and I'm sold. I'll be buying more in different colors.

They wash and dry perfectly.

Respected Contributor

I hated the satin and silk pillow cases.  Found them to get very hot, and yes, sticky,  where I thought they'd stay cool to the touch, just the opposite.   Awful.  Also they slip around being a restless sleeper.   I'll add, not sure why, but the color fades in spots on my pillow caes... I can assume it's from my night creams.   So, all I use now is pure white sateen high thread count cotton.   I buy from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Honored Contributor

No matter what material you finally settle on, be sure to use a detergent that is as hypo-allergenic as possible.  It won't help your hair, but it shouldn't irritate any skin conditions.  I use Tide in the white bottle, mainly to avoid fragrance, but also to help with my very dry skin.  

Respected Contributor

I like the Betty Dain satin cases, too, and get either the navy blue or black at Sally's Beauty Supply, which is cheaper than Amazon.

I've never "stuck" to them lol but they can be slippery, which I like. And they're nice and cool.

What worries you masters you.