Esteemed Contributor

For what it is worth, I was taking phytoceramides - the yam version - as was recommended on this forum.  After taking them for a few months, I noticed white/yellow bumps on my face.  These were under the skin, did not come to a head, were the size of a pencil eraser. They were not milia. The only thing I had added to my daily regimen of supplements were these.  I stopped taking them and these spots went away after about a month.  They haven't come back.  I never noticed any added beauty benefit to taking them.  I don't plan to take them again.  

Just thought I would throw in my experience. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I tend towards the less is more approach when it comes to supplements.  Cost, more than likely, is a major factor.  So, my bottle gives a serving size as 2, but I only use 1.  I was also worried that 2 capsules of powder might overwhelm my cup of yogurt, so that also factored into my decision.  I can't swallow the capsules.  They tend to float and get stuck in my throat.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Shelbelle  So would it be dangerous (for lack of a better word) to use creams with ceramides, like an eye cream? I've heard the skin can only absorb 1% of what we put on it.

I would probably doubt it, , some of these ceramides will do lots more good than harm. I am just not going to overload on ingestibles . Lines like Cerave are based on ceramides going on the skin. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

Are you still taking a phytoceramides supp? Which one? TIA.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Hi, Sillie, I am taking one every other day since I posted this. Still buying the ones we were buying a few years ago on ebay, Earth Med, is it 200 for under $15, that is what I paid last time. These are made from sweet potatoes. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Hi, Sillie, I am taking one every other day since I posted this. Still buying the ones we were buying a few years ago on ebay, Earth Med, is it 200 for under $15, that is what I paid last time. These are made from sweet potatoes. 

@Shelbelle 

Great. That's what I'm taking also but I'm running low so I wanted to ask you if that was still the one you are taking now. Thanks!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Sillie, you still taking one Phytoceramide daily ?? I bought an extra Tumeric on Amazon while it is still at the low price. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Sillie, you still taking one Phytoceramide daily ?? I bought an extra Tumeric on Amazon while it is still at the low price. 

@Shelbelle 

I'm taking two phytoceramides caps daily. I know it says to take one daily but I don't feel that was enough for my dry skin. 

I did buy three bottles of the turmeric! Thanks again for the heads up on that one.

Honored Contributor

That is quite a lot of phytoceramides, so now I only get 3 or 4 caps a week.  I found a collagen i like called Sanar Naturals on Amazon or ebay. you get 150 caps for a reasonable price and you only take one per day. I alternate these and the Verisol. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

@SilleeMee I can't find Earth Med phytoceramides on amazon...is it under a different name?

Also, I noticed you posted that earwax and sebum are made from ceramides....if a person has alot of both of these does that mean they don't need much more? LOL  I am always cleaning my ears like a dog and I have t-zone oily skin (rosacea) and in my 50's with no end in sightWoman Surprised

Thank you!