Honored Contributor

Re: Phytoceramides Revisited

I did try taking 2 for a few weeks, did not see any difference than taking 1, so went back to one. 

Honored Contributor

You can get two bottles of EarthMed for about the price of only one bottle of NusaPure. Even cheaper when you buy a 3-pack of EarthMed. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You can get two bottles of EarthMed for about the price of only one bottle of NusaPure. Even cheaper when you buy a 3-pack of EarthMed. 

Yes, just look for the ebay listings that show 2 or 3 bottles in the pix. Earth Med also mfg the Hyalauronic caps too. 

Honored Contributor

I buy HA loose powder in a bag. It's a lot cheaper that way. I just mix a little bit in with my yogurt and oatmeal. Otherwise it's a bit difficult to dissolve in most liquids. Bulksupplements is the brand. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I buy HA loose powder in a bag. It's a lot cheaper that way. I just mix a little bit in with my yogurt and oatmeal. Otherwise it's a bit difficult to dissolve in most liquids. Bulksupplements is the brand. 

The caps are not expensive, 100 mg per cap. 

Honored Contributor

A 100-gram bag of HA powder (equal to a thousand 100mg caps) costs me $36. What would that cost in the EarthMed brand? @Shelbelle 

Honored Contributor

I think Earth Med is about $17 for 180 caps. I actually bought Puritans Pride brand, I was placing an order with them anyway, and they were offering a good discount with a coupon. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I think Earth Med is about $17 for 180 caps. I actually bought Puritans Pride brand, I was placing an order with them anyway, and they were offering a good discount with a coupon. 

I did the math and one thousand caps of the EarthMed would cost about $94. Loose powder is, by far, much cheaper.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking about getting some phytoceramides for my husband....wel maybe me too....

I asked recently about his thin skin problems.  While it won't make his skin thicker, being more moisturized might make it less likely to scratch and bleed.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess 

My husband's skin takes a beating every day (he is a builder), but more so in the winter.  He doesn't wear goves often.

I've been giving him the Andrew Lessman Phytoceramide caplet daily.   I'm going to ask him if he notices a difference.

I doubt if he pays attention, but if it helps him, that's all I care about.