Frequent Contributor

Phoera or Farmasi Foundation Reviews!

[ Edited ]

Hi Ladies .... I posted a question a few months ago about mineral foundation alternatives. After trying a few samples from different companies, I came to the conclusion that after many years of wearing mineral makeup, I just cannot get past the itchiness any longer when I get hot. It has also started to look cakey on my dry aging skin (I just turned 59).

So now I'm looking for an affordable liquid or cream foundation that is medium to full coverage. I've found that Cover Girl + Olay Simply Ageless 3 in 1 Liquid Foundation has wonderful reviews and works fairly well for me. But, I'd like to find something with a bit more coverage. My research has led me to Phoera Foundaion. It is very full coverage so I'm thinking that I could use it sparingly to get the coverage I want without overdoing it.

Do any of you have any experience with Phoera Foundation or perhaps have other suggestions for me? Thank you in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Phoera Foundation (or other) Reviews!

@LAllyR   What some women do not purchase a high end foundation because  it is too expensive.  First of all sign up for emails at the foundations you are interested in -- Dior, Bobbie Brown, Estee Lauder.  When they offer discounts usually 25 to 30% off you purchase.  My light foundation lasts for more than 10 months (I don't use everyday plus I am not wasteful).  So I spend $25 big deal, I have a better finish than most drugstore brands.  I will admit that No 7 foundations are excellent and sold at Target or Walgreens for under $20.  Dior has beautiful foundations  I wear Bobbi Brown because I found a light coverage.  No 7 has a serum foundation if your skin is dry. $15.99

No7 Lift & Luminate Triple Action Serum Foundation SPF 15 - 1oz

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: Phoera or Farmasi Foundation Reviews!

[ Edited ]

@LAllyR  ...  I saw Phoera advertised online and ordered some.  I LOVE the coverage and the easy application using a brush.  My biggest problem was trying to find the proper shade.  I spent weeks trying different colors to try and match my skin.  I think I have finally achieved the color that works for me.  I love the matte finish and it does last all day.  It works for me.  

Respected Contributor

I looked at the Phoera website and could not find an ingredient list and finding a color might be hard.  Other than that it definitely looked interesting.  I thought I might be a 104 and looked at the pictures on the reviews and some looked dark and some looked light.  It would be nice if they had a sample card.  Finding a color in foundation is so hard.  

Honored Contributor

@LAllyR  - For a full coverage product, have you ever tried IT CC Cream?   I've been using this for awhile now and I actually apply it with a damp sponge to sheer it out a little.  You can control the amount of coverage with a damp sponge and it also gives an air brushed result.  I always purchase it here at the Q.  

Esteemed Contributor

I tried many of the Farmasi products two years ago, before the virus. I just didn't like the quality at all. It was like drugstore makeup....not high quality. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Phoera Foundation (or other) Reviews!

@Katcat1  Thank you for the coupon tips for the high-end foundations! I'll also check on No7 Serum Foundation. In the past I've used the now discontinued Bare Minerals Serum Foundation and did like that. There are so many to try!

Frequent Contributor

@Pantsonfire2  I was happy to read that Phoera worked for you! I'm really thinking of trying it and figure if the coverage is too full even after using it sparingly, I could always mix a bit of Hyaluronic Acid moisturizer in with it due to my dry skin.

They sell it on Amazon and many of them are returnable so I think I could make a pretty good guess on the color to start with. They even sell them in 2 packs of different shades that can be mixed to get the perfect shade.I'm thinking that 102 Nude (light with subtle neutral undertones) may work since I used to use Bare Minerals in Fairly Light which was a neutral fair-light shade. Are you anywhere in that color shade area to give any input?

Frequent Contributor

@chiclet  There is a menu tab for "Ingredients" that shows a photo of the box with them listed. I'm not very up on what is good or really bad so would like your input if you can check.

I hate trying to find new foundation shades.It's so much easier if I can go to Ulta or Sephora and get shade matched. I still may try ordering the Phoera from Amazon where it can be returned.

Frequent Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  I have not tried IT CC Cream but know of it and know that it has good reviews. It costs a bit more than I wanted to spend but I might think about it. I tried IT Celebration Foundation (powder foundation) and it worked well but there again, I'm needing to move away from the powder forms.

My other issue is that I want something that I can apply with a brush because I have rheumatoid arthritis and it's easier to hold a brush. I watched some reviews on YouTube for the Phoera and they used a brush and it worked well. I think many of them can be applied with a brush so that helps.