Honored Contributor

Re: Philosphy "Clearance" at Kohl's

@homedecor1  Pier One went out of business after all these years.  I use to shop there all the time and then they went sky high with their prices which, I believe, did them in.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

The Kohl family here in Wisconsin started out in groceries, and then branched out into the Kohl department stores.

I used to like shopping in their supermarkets. They were around for many years, both in IL and WI.

I think that Kohl's can have some good sales. 

I'm not in a hurry to go into any retailer right now, though. 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Katcat1

I also noticed walking thru store (CS in back) HomeWorxs candles (Slatkin) has big display and Property Brothers home ...another overpriced "designer".

Cant stomach the prices that these two are charging.  They really dont cater to the lower middle class at all.  They come across as elitists.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Oh no ☹️☹️☹️☹️ ours was open prior to the shutdown.

I saw the sign "store temporarily closed" thought the store was just taking longer to open.  

Guess not if they've permanently closed although no indication other than the sign.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Katcat1

I also noticed walking thru store (CS in back) HomeWorxs candles (Slatkin) has big display and Property Brothers home ...another overpriced "designer".

Cant stomach the prices that these two are charging.  They really dont cater to the lower middle class at all.  They come across as elitists.

@Reever   I don't think that any designers or makers of home decor cater to the lower middle class.  That's not what they're going for.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau