Honored Contributor

Philosphy "Clearance" at Kohl's

Kohl's looks like they are discontinuing the beauty section.  Not sure if just our store.

Our store opened Monday (11-7, Senior hours 11-12).   I went today to pickup my online order that's been "sitting" there for months.  Bathroom things & rugs.  

it looked like the whole "section" was on clearance.  The Philosphy sets were included.  If I liked Pure Grace I would have definitely bought a few sets since they were $43.20.   They were "full" size products and would have made good gifts. 

I was going to browse but didn't feel like it.  Although, big red signs everywhere with clearance in all departments -- including the home section. 

Plus, if you use Kohl's charge 30% or other payment 20% until 5/17.  Although, not sure if they are excluded.  

01B19B4C-7E71-4DB5-9F71-165911C1A71B.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Philosphy "Clearance" at Kohl's

@homedecor1  think our Kohl's may open next week heard no dressing rooms to try on clothes, they always have coupons got to check out this. Wonder if all Kohl's will get rid of beauty items. When Kohl's decided to take amazon returns their profits went up great idea for them. I did hear a rumor they were going to have groceries but my Kohl's are not that big. I hope a rumor. Then came the virus which may change all of it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sissel -- I've heard that Kohl's started out as a grocery store decades ago and has become a department store over the years.

None of our stores have opened yet.  I doubt that I'll rush out to shop when they do.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@sissel -- I've heard that Kohl's started out as a grocery store decades ago and has become a department store over the years.

None of our stores have opened yet.  I doubt that I'll rush out to shop when they do.

@tototwo 

Never knew they started as a grocery store. 

Totally agree with you - I’m not rushing out to any stores. Ours are allowed to open at reduced capacity at the end of May. 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

The fine print on the discount coupons does not include fragrances.  Smiley Sad

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@sissel wrote:

@homedecor1  think our Kohl's may open next week heard no dressing rooms to try on clothes, they always have coupons got to check out this. Wonder if all Kohl's will get rid of beauty items. When Kohl's decided to take amazon returns their profits went up great idea for them. I did hear a rumor they were going to have groceries but my Kohl's are not that big. I hope a rumor. Then came the virus which may change all of it. 

Im fearful they may not survive the fallout of the Virus.  Very concened for Kohls, Pier One, SEARS and JC Penneys.

Honored Contributor

Where do you live that Kohl's is open?  Kohl's is trying to make money and make up for lost time.  I am sure a lot of stores will have sales to attract customers.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

JC Penney's filed bankruptcy today.

Respected Contributor

I live in Az. Kohls think opens tomorrow they said no dressing rooms open & no makeup testers will be available. Az. is slowly opening up, hairdresser opened last week along with some resturants, went to Red Lobster Fri. paper menu they don't have a full menu nothing on the table every other table for seating. This was lunch time, half the staff & very empty. Olive Garden also open along with other local resturants too. Hope in a few weeks these resturants will gain more customers because if it is like this I feel they will not survive long. Maybe everyone is afraid to venture out now but it is cleaner than before, they do wipe everything down before & after. I can't wait to go to my local spots to see what they are doing. Support them as much as we can. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1

FL and not sure but most malls opened.  All other stores opened last week, ie, Marshall's, HomeGoods, Ulta, Kirkland's.  I don't know why Pier 1, Bed Bath & Beyond or Bath & Body works didn't they are in same shopping center.

As for Kohl's used to be the place I'd find things but now it's "hit or miss".  They downsized the woman's section and now carry "designer" things -- sorry Kohl's $64 for a t-shirt is out of my price range.  In addition, most have sayings like a kid would where🤔.

I also noticed walking thru store (CS in back) HomeWorxs candles (Slatkin) has big display and Property Brothers home ...another overpriced "designer".

I don't see much shopping as after purging & cleaning closets, I surely don't need anything!!!