Esteemed Contributor

Re: Philosphy Shower Gel/ Shower pouf for men

A shower poof is a shower poof is a shower poof.  What would make one for men and another for women?  Unless some guy refuses to use a pink one.  That's just silly.  My husband buys the men's fragrances at Bath & Body Works.  I keep about a dozen clean poofs in the bathroom closet -  use one once and then it goes in the hamper to be washed, just like a washcloth.  We constantly rotate our poofs.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

I keep hearing during the sale pitches that this or that shower gel is a favorite with the men, so I was wondering what the men use for a shower pouf?  Do they even sell ones made for men? 

@saltysails  My husband doesn’t use Philosophy shower gels. He has a lg. pumper bottle of Dial shower gel. 

As far as the poufs go, neither of us use them...washcloths only after I read they are a breeding ground for bacteria. They’re wet and left in a dark, humid shower to collect the bacteria. 

Esteemed Contributor

You could get him an exfoliating woven washcloth.  (This one is from Amazon, but I've seen some in stores like Target.)  They usually have a loop so they can hang to dry.  I've found that a 3M Command hook works better to hang things in the shower than suction cup hooks do, so maybe get him one of those as well.

Not sure if you can see, but there is woven nylon fabric sewn to the cloth to make it scrubby.  It doesn't look feminine like a pouf, so maybe he would prefer something like that.  These can also be laundered, but I wouldn't put it in the dryer.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

I am referring to the netted ones that are round like a ball that are pinks, lilacs, pastel colors. 

My husband uses a pouf.  Have to confess I pick up two of the grey color when I see them at CVS.  He even convinced another friend to use them - I was shocked.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus- Poofs (poufs?) are not a "breeding ground for bacteria" if you wash them in hot water every time you use them, like you do your washcloths.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@Shanus- Poofs (poufs?) are not a "breeding ground for bacteria" if you wash them in hot water every time you use them, like you do your washcloths.  

@tototwo  I have several poufs in rotation and if I use them, I put them in my dishwasher like my kitchen sponges. As far as washcloths in the shower, I take a clean one each day, so no issues.