Esteemed Contributor

Philosopy microdelivery exfoliating wash

So disappointed - in this product.  I've used it for years and loved it - needed to buy more and happened to see the Reviews on Q.  All negative like...what happened to this product?  Before you replenish your supply, please go and read as I did.  I'm throwing out a near full big jug because it's impossible to use.  As the Reviews state:  impossible to rinse off your face - it's like thick glue.  I've added a few drops with plenty of water in my empty jar to thin - but just isn't working like the old formula.  After a month of trying - I've switched to another QVC vendor for cleansing.  Be aware before you order.  This is terrible and unusable.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Philosopy microdelivery exfoliating wash

I have the same problem.Why fix something that isn’t broken?

Honored Contributor

@fthuntwrote:

So disappointed - in this product.  I've used it for years and loved it - needed to buy more and happened to see the Reviews on Q.  All negative like...what happened to this product?  Before you replenish your supply, please go and read as I did.  I'm throwing out a near full big jug because it's impossible to use.  As the Reviews state:  impossible to rinse off your face - it's like thick glue.  I've added a few drops with plenty of water in my empty jar to thin - but just isn't working like the old formula.  After a month of trying - I've switched to another QVC vendor for cleansing.  Be aware before you order.  This is terrible and unusable.

@fthunt  Yep. Just what I did, too. It would have too expensive & a bother to return. It was so thick, couldn’t squeeze it out of smaller size I kept at sink (pumped in to refill from supersize). Why fix something that’s “ain’t” broken. Happens over & over....w/ skincare and makeup.

Honored Contributor

Seems like it is the same story with all these companies that do well and then sell out to Estee Lauder or some other company.  They change the formulas and we do not get the same products.  I still  buy some Philosophy, but I do notice a big difference.   It's like everything is "watered down."

Esteemed Contributor

Why change?    I heard on the news 6 months or so ago - and I don't know for sure if this is the reason for formula change but......environmentist / State law found the that micro-beads in some products were killing fish in the Great Lakes.  They said....these cleansing beads didn't break down and fish were eating them and dying.  I do know that Wegman's and all drug stores stopped selling  Olay cleanser in that form......it's now like pure soft slop.  Not very satisfying.

I just started trying TATCHA The deep cleanser and do like it.  It has some beads in it so not sure if it will last on the market either.  $30 small bottle; but I have to find something else.  I like the feel - the cleaning action and not as drying as Philosopy - so here's hoping!  Sorry for typing mistakes but I've been checking your hearts!  Thanks    Trash container gets my microdelivery wash.

Respected Contributor

I am almost through a 32 oz bottle I bought direct from Philoosphy. Have had it for many months. No problems at all. I love the stuff, have tried to find cheaper dupes but always return to the original. I will def purchase again. 

Respected Contributor

I have found that peter thomas roth blemish buffing beads or the anti aging buffing beads have worked very well. They rinse off very clean and keep my skin clear. I use this in the morning and the clarisonic at night with purity.  Yes, the microdelivery wash has changed and for me is a major pore clogger. Nope, can’t go back to that!

Honored Contributor

I bought the 8-oz. bottle before diving into the 32-oz. & I’m glad I did! I didn’t even finish the 8-oz. bottle before throwing it away. It was very irritating to my skin. I switched to Josie Maran’s Cleansing powder and it is far more gentle & I can use it every day.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I’ve been using Philosophy since the 80’s when Nordstrom was the only place I could purchase it.  It’s true that the formulas have changed and not for the better.  Too bad.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a big fan of Philosophy.   I've tried many products but I just don't see the glam about it.   Last thing I bought (and it will be the last) was the amazing grace moisturizer.  My hubby cannot stand the smell, not sure I like it either.   We are sensitive to perfume though, but they always say it is not perfumey!!   Not true for sensitive noses........As for a daily exfoliant, hands down Aveeno at the drugstore!!