Not applicable

Philosophy..take a powder!!!

I am sure I am not the only one making this recommendation, so bear with me! Philosophy team, why not make powder with you most popular scents? It is another great layering idea. It could come in a shaker or the product can be in a pretty powder box with a fluffy applicator! I bet this would sell out in a second. Please consider.

Super Contributor

Re: Philosophy..take a powder!!!

I second the motion!
Respected Contributor

I agree as well. I use body powder in the mornings and love lightly scented powder, especially in the summer!

Frequent Contributor

I make my own...take an unscented powder, put it in a ziploc bag, spray the fragrance on, mix between sprays to prevent clumping/distribute the scent. 10 sprays works well. Close up and let it sit overnight. Next day shake/stir, Then transfer back to the container. Woks like a charm, you can also do this with bath salts.

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2014 MainelyMommy said:

I make my own...take an unscented powder, put it in a ziploc bag, spray the fragrance on, mix between sprays to prevent clumping/distribute the scent. 10 sprays works well. Close up and let it sit overnight. Next day shake/stir, Then transfer back to the container. Woks like a charm, you can also do this with bath salts.

Thanks for sharing....I am going to do this! Have desired a scented Philosophy powder for years but they aren't listening, I guess. I know Talc powder isn't good for us, so what brand do you recommend?

Honored Contributor

Powder has been requested for years.

Super Contributor

I remember Cristina Carlino saying that they don't have powders in the line because of talc not being good for your lungs over time.

Honored Contributor

There are tons of talc free powders! I agree it is a great idea!

Trusted Contributor

You can also use cornstarch or arrowroot powder. Or a mix of both is nice.

I use an empty Philosophy whipped body cream jar for the powder. It soaks up the scent left too. You still have to add the fragrance too. Add a small pouf and you have your own powder!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Regular Contributor

kathie66,

Great idea to use the whipped crème containers for the powder. Perfect size for that. Thanks for the tip as I will try this!

Pink