Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy shower gel used as shampoo ~

Full of sulfates, and dyes,  I would not use it on my hair or body. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve done it in a pinch. It’s fine, but I pay a lot of money for color and I baby it.
Honored Contributor

Never in my hair.  learned my lesson after using it in a pinch on vacation.  Yikes!  Hair like straw and tangled badly.  

But my favorite hack is to use it to hand wash my underwear.  Cleans thoroughly and beautifully, and leaves my intimates with a fabulous scent!!

Trusted Contributor

I've been using WEN and Tweak'd so long that when i  use shampoo my hair feels very dry ( even the Tweak'd Shampoo)  I guess shampoo always does that and thats why we need a good conditioner .

Do you remember when Philosohy had Grace hair products ?

Valued Contributor

Sometimes I use the shower gel as a shampoo.  I always follow with a rich conditioner.

Honored Contributor

I do---its the only thing that doesn't make my very thin straight, pixie length  hair go limp ---I have prob 5 different shampoos that are in my shower right now, that are a huge waste of space and $$, despite the life changing promises they say I will get. I never use conditioner either----right now, I am using Gingerbread Man.

Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

I've been using WEN and Tweak'd so long that when i  use shampoo my hair feels very dry ( even the Tweak'd Shampoo)  I guess shampoo always does that and thats why we need a good conditioner .

Do you remember when Philosohy had Grace hair products ?

@CoastalGal I tried to years ago but it made my hair become really oily rough feeling?  I think my scalp rebounded w/extra oil since the 3-in-1 was very stripping.

I totally loved the Grace shampoos and haircair!

I used to be Tem77 but QVC lost my account! All my A/D orders have been re-instated phew!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used it a few times and my hair tangled more than usual and it also styled weirdly.

I do use the Josie Maran Everybody wash now to wash my hair and my hair responds beautifully to that one.

I no longer buy the Philosophy Perfume Sets with the body wash and body crème's or lotions. I don't like those and they're left over,  hanging around for months on end.

I just buy the perfume alone when I want it.

I still like using Purity. I use it as a clarifying shampoo at times. No tangles.

Super Contributor

Don't use as shampoo! Made my hair like straw and stripped the color!!

Honored Contributor

I did it once and it made my hair feel like plastic doll hair.