Contributor

Philosophy peel or Denese pads?

Hello! I will be 51 this week and am in need of some skin tweaking, lol Smiley Wink  I would like some opinions on whether I should purchase the Philosophy microdelivery vitamin C peel or the Dr. Denese firming facial pads and facial serum. Or both? Thanks so much Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy peel or Denese pads?

[ Edited ]

@BE4Me ~ I've used both, out of the two, I like the Philosophy Vit. C peel better...BUT, my favorite is Dr. Dennis Gross's (ultra gentle) Alpha Beta Daily Peel.  This product has fantastic reviews, which is why I wanted to try it.  I started with the gentle, and as hoped, no adverse reaction.  My skin looks brighter, smoother, (pores nearly disappear) and feels incredibly soft!🙆🏻👏🏻👍🏼  

Honored Contributor

May I suggest an alternative ? Avon Anew Clinical Peel Pads do a great job. I've bee using them for over 10 years, and they are the only skin or beauty product that 

I have used for the long. If you are interested check out the reviews, I think you will be pleased . JMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@BE4Me wrote:

Hello! I will be 51 this week and am in need of some skin tweaking, lol Smiley Wink  I would like some opinions on whether I should purchase the Philosophy microdelivery vitamin C peel or the Dr. Denese firming facial pads and facial serum. Or both? Thanks so much Smiley Happy

@BE4Me  I have tried a sample of the microdelivery peel...very abrasive and not my favorite. Never tried Dr. Denese.  I recently incorporated PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads, a gentle glycolic acid peel that can used every day, but so far testing it out only 3 days a week...no problems, no redness and skin feels smooth and looks poreless afterwards. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Recommending that you use neither or anything from Perricone.  Both are products that cause me skin problems.  

Honored Contributor

@BE4Me I have used both.  I used philosophy about 10 years ago and it did nothing.  At that time I was 40 and had oily skin.

Now, fast forward 10 years...my skin is a little dryer and more sensitive.  I use Dr Denese and those pads are really strong, so I rinse an hour after applying.  Exfolikate works really well for me now.

It really depends upon your skin type and how sensitive it is.  I would get both as you can always return!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

I love the Philosophy peel but I do NOT use it on dry skin as directed...it is far too abrasive for me to do this. I use it on damp skin and it is fabulous.....leaves my skin so soft and my pores are practically not there.