Frequent Contributor

Philosophy mega 8oz vitamin C peel

Has anyone noticed that Philosophy's Mega 8oz Vitamin C Peel has gone up in price $40 since March, 2021 (4 months ago).

I purchased on autodelivery in March for $129 (same mega size) and now it is available for $164 and without the serum in the kit.  That is nearly a 30% increase in those 4 months on QVC.

Much of QVC 's prices on EVERYTHING has gone up exponentially.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Philosophy mega 8oz vitamin C peel

Yikes.

Honored Contributor

I think many things are abnormally high priced right now. Could be b/c of the times we are in right now, who knows for sure. But I wonder if prices will ever return to 'normal' at some point. If prices remain high then I'll be forced to buy something I can afford and that might not be a bad thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never purchased this specific product, but have purchased other super sized beauty products from qvc including philosophy. QVC offers mega size products at good special prices for customers willing to purchase that quantity at that price.  $129 is a considered purchase.  The price will be offered for a limited time, and then the product will be pulled, or as here remaining inventory offered at a higher price.  Notice this price is not AD, so it's just for remaining inventory.  At a later time, the same product if still being produced will typically comes back on sale. It might not be the identical price, but it will be a good price.  I watch for the sales on the products I like, and purchase at the sale price most of the time.  The price is high now, because in order to have a sale, a product needs to be offered at a higher regular price at some point.  The FTC frowns on sale items never offered at a regular price.  That is why we see value prices instead of sale prices.  QVC now does not label its prices on the website, probably to avoid legal qs.  So if you are interested in this item, it is possible it will be back on a similar sale.

Honored Contributor

@Hoping for the best 

I've never understood the desire to shop QVC unless it's something you can't get anywhere else.  They are always higher Smiley Surprised