Contributor

Philosophy ladies I need your help!

Today I washed my hair.  I always go to the beauty shop but I choose to stay at home.  I was looking for shampoo and I found a bottle of barley glazed in my cabinet.  I don't remember ordering this from Philosophy but I must have.  I guess it has been a long time ago.  It says on the bottle shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath.  The only directions I can find are warnings and a receipe.  Will you please tell me what it does to the hair and if it is safe to use. Thank you .

Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy ladies I need your help!

@gjc57 wrote:

Today I washed my hair.  I always go to the beauty shop but I choose to stay at home.  I was looking for shampoo and I found a bottle of barley glazed in my cabinet.  I don't remember ordering this from Philosophy but I must have.  I guess it has been a long time ago.  It says on the bottle shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath.  The only directions I can find are warnings and a receipe.  Will you please tell me what it does to the hair and if it is safe to use. Thank you .

@gjc57  Perfectly safe to use in the hair, just use it like you would any shampoo, some LOVE the shower gels for their hair, I find if I use them to much they dry my hair out and I always need a conditioner with any shampoo I use so I feel a conditioner is a good choice but, go ahead and give it a try, its not going to hurt you, promise! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gjc57   Whether or not they say shampoo on the bottle, they do contain sulfates. If your hair has dye, it will fade it. It is, as other poster stated, quite drying. 

Frequent Contributor

I use the shower gels a lot as shampoo. They work great. I have color treated hair and have not noticed any fading. They work great. 

Honored Contributor

Apologies. Just checked ingredients of gels on their site. Sulfates removed since I last used the shower gels. OK as shampoo. Foot in mouth.

Esteemed Contributor

I use them as my shampoo exclusively, and have for a number of years.

I don't color nor do I shampoo daily, so I'd say my hair is pretty tame and healthy.  Oh.  I also do not blow dry nor curl/straighten.  The 3-1 works fine for me.  Leaves my hair clean and shiny.  Handy to have one product whose scent I enjoy for multi-tasking.

Makes a great shave cream also.

Cogito ergo sum