Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy---is all that spritzing and spraying harmful to the lungs?

@Porcelain wrote:

Since we can't smell the studio through the tv, it's possible that some or all of the products are scentless dummy versions mocked up for the show. It is showbiz after all. They all know what the talking points are and what the different ones are supposed to smell like.

I would think that a major concern for a perfumed product vendor or model would be developing a contact allergy to the fragrances, from repeated exposure. Once they got an allergy like that, they'd be done. Breaking out in welts while touting the mildness of a shampoo or spray would not be a good look.

I’ve thought this too. Especially when the NEST lady is spraying Midnight Fleur all over the place 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3Good point. Heart You're probably right. Either that or I was trying to be hilarious. I vaguely remember laughing. Maybe because I was surprised. Little did I know what I'd wake up looking like!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Or it gets clogged up. My hairspray did that, sprayed cockeyed recently. Rinsed off and fine but dang lol

Respected Contributor

Did anyone get the TSV in the new scents? I see the 4oz Summer scents are now $22.00 and they are offering the TSV Coconut and Hula as separate purchases.

I ordered the 4oz Sea of Love...for that price it is worth trying.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Did anyone get the TSV in the new scents? I see the 4oz Summer scents are now $22.00 and they are offering the TSV Coconut and Hula as separate purchases.

I also ordered the 4oz Sea of Love. Have wanted to try and could not pass with that price. Also ordered the set of Endless Summer that was reduced.

Still waiting for my TSV Hula Girl set to arrive.

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I also ordered the 4oz Sea of Love. Have wanted to try and could not pass with that price. Also ordered the set of Endless Summer that was reduced.

Still waiting for my TSV Hula Girl set to arrive.

Please let us know how you like Hula Girl. I debated ordering. 

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

As I watched the reps spray and spray and say you can never over do it...is inhaling the products harmful to the lungs? What about the dry shampoo and other hair products? I did notice one model who only sprayed away from her face and into the camera.

Can anyone speak to that issue?  Thank you for your thoughts.

I am thinking they are spraying water

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Since we can't smell the studio through the tv, it's possible that some or all of the products are scentless dummy versions mocked up for the show. It is showbiz after all. They all know what the talking points are and what the different ones are supposed to smell like.

I would think that a major concern for a perfumed product vendor or model would be developing a contact allergy to the fragrances, from repeated exposure. Once they got an allergy like that, they'd be done. Breaking out in welts while touting the mildness of a shampoo or spray would not be a good look.

I don't think it's going to be any worse spritzing it on a few times in a 30 minute period than applying or reapplying a fragrance for actual daily use several days a week.

Respected Contributor

I doubt it.

I'm sensitive to fragrance and react differently depending what else is going on - allergy season, sick, strength of fragrance, ingredients, etc. During a bad allergy days, I can't be around even my favorite fragrances. Others make me incredibly ill no matter how good I feel before being exposed. I'd be a really bad model for fragrance presentations. 

But others have no such issues. I'm sure they choose the show models accoding to what each one is best at.

Respected Contributor

How do they keep it from ruining their clothing?

I sprayed perfume on a silk blouse and totally ruined it. Smiley Surprised