Respected Contributor

Philosophy---is all that spritzing and spraying harmful to the lungs?

As I watched the reps spray and spray and say you can never over do it...is inhaling the products harmful to the lungs? What about the dry shampoo and other hair products? I did notice one model who only sprayed away from her face and into the camera.

Can anyone speak to that issue?  Thank you for your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy---is all that spritzing and spraying harmful to the lungs?

I don't know, but I think you may be right!

Esteemed Contributor

They're not SNORTING it.
Respected Contributor

I would get a headache 

Honored Contributor

Since we can't smell the studio through the tv, it's possible that some or all of the products are scentless dummy versions mocked up for the show. It is showbiz after all. They all know what the talking points are and what the different ones are supposed to smell like.

I would think that a major concern for a perfumed product vendor or model would be developing a contact allergy to the fragrances, from repeated exposure. Once they got an allergy like that, they'd be done. Breaking out in welts while touting the mildness of a shampoo or spray would not be a good look.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Might as well not breathe.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

How many decades have women been inhaling hair sprays? Never thought of it until recent years.

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLCI always hold my breath when I do that. Thought everyone did. I don't want powders or sprays up my nose or in my lungs.

Once when I was a young teen I sprayed a strong perfume directly onto my face, no idea why. I had the worst reaction. Dermatologist visits and ointments and everything. So ever since, I've had a good bit of respect for allowing volitile chemicals contact with my skin or anywhere else. Its just a matter of mild caution and moderation.

I enjoy buying hand soaps from Bath and Bodyworks sometimes, but can't imagine working there for long. Wouldn't last as a perfume lady at a department store either.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Since we can't smell the studio through the tv, it's possible that some or all of the products are scentless dummy versions mocked up for the show. It is showbiz after all. They all know what the talking points are and what the different ones are supposed to smell like.

I would think that a major concern for a perfumed product vendor or model would be developing a contact allergy to the fragrances, from repeated exposure. Once they got an allergy like that, they'd be done. Breaking out in welts while touting the mildness of a shampoo or spray would not be a good look.

Dummy versions...never thought of that! I have noticed that some hosts only spray away from themselves and then use their hands to waft it towards them. Mary Beth does that for example.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@LisaMofSLCI always hold my breath when I do that. Thought everyone did. I don't want powders or sprays up my nose or in my lungs.

Once when I was a young teen I sprayed a strong perfume directly onto my face, no idea why. I had the worst reaction. Dermatologist visits and ointments and everything. So ever since, I've had a good bit of respect for allowing volitile chemicals contact with my skin or anywhere else. Its just a matter of mild caution and moderation.

I enjoy buying hand soaps from Bath and Bodyworks sometimes, but can't imagine working there for long. Wouldn't last as a perfume lady at a department store either.

@Porcelain, it's very easy to do if you don't check the direction of the little hole in the sprayer. :-(

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland