Frequent Contributor

I was in Sephora today for some PG lotion and the sales woman told me if I liked philosophy products I should stock up because they may not continue to carry the line. I asked why and she said she couldn't give details and said she didn't know what was going on with the company. I was shocked. Sephora has carried philosophy forever. Anyone else hear about this?

Super Contributor

I'm thinking it may be specific to that one store location? That store in particular could be planning to downsize their Philosophy product selection, or remove Philosophy entirely from their shelves.

My local Sephora does that a lot. They remove specific brands to make room for new lines, or to expand the selection of current lines. It's all based on their current sales trends, customer demographics, shelf space, etc.

Hey I'm all for seeing new brands, but it is a drag when a brand I like gets removed from my store, and then I have to drive to another Sephora to buy it, or buy it online.

The inventory is so varied amongst the different Sephora stores in my area, that I can no longer get everything at one location, and have to drive to different stores to replenish.

But on the other hand, you never know! Stores like Sephora make big changes all the time. I was surprised when they stopped selling OPI a while back. It did well in my area, but they wanted to bring new brands to the customers. I guess we shall see soon enough! Smile

Frequent Contributor

I was told similar about Philosophy at my store.

Honored Contributor

About six months ago I was told that my store would sell very little of it. All they have now are basically the Graces and other fragrances. Even during the holiday season they only had a couple of holiday gift sets.

Esteemed Contributor

At our Sephora they have cut down the shelf space to nothing. Sad.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Always get the very best deals on Phil on their site, they have great large discounts every so often. No tax, free shipping.