Valued Contributor

Philosophy, When Hope is Not Enough Serum

The vender states that WHINES has lots of vitamin C.

I've looked at the ingredient list and I am confused. Can anyone share what the words are that indicate the presence of vitamin C in this product?  

Valued Contributor

Re: Philosophy, When Hope is Not Enough Serum

If you google it, it says ascorbic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, sodium ascorbate

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Shy,  the ingredient deck says potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phosphate, that is the Vit C, anything with ascorbyl is vitamin C derived. 

BTW, I am not always a fan of Phil, and the ingredients they use including all the chemicals and artificial colors in the body washes, but WHINE is a fave of mine!! Non greasy, and gel/ water like with integrity in most of its ingredients Give it a try, I find great deals on it on Ebay, plenty of sample sizes on Ebay if you want to try it and start small.  

Respected Contributor

Philosophy is loaded with chemicals and fragrence and very over-priced. I use clean and organic products that are a fraction of Q prices.I use a Advanced Skin Care Ferulic Acid + 20 % C + E from Walmart. $18. No additives, chemicals or scents. No animal testing.

I think Q offers this or something similar from Peter T Roth at a ridiculous mark up. I never use Q for Beauty.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Hi, Shy,  the ingredient deck says potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phosphate, that is the Vit C, anything with ascorbyl is vitamin C derived. 

BTW, I am not always a fan of Phil, and the ingredients they use including all the chemicals and artificial colors in the body washes, but WHINE is a fave of mine!! Non greasy, and water like with integrity in most of its ingredients Give it a try, I find great deals on it on Ebay, plenty of sample sizes on Ebay if you want to try it and start small.  

@Shelbelle 

Same here. It's a fav. I stray from time to time to try other brands with Vitamin C and it never fails, I always return to WHINE face serum. Philosophy had a TSV a few months back that offered two bottles of the WHINE with a small bottle of purity and I did purchase. I am using up the current Vitamin C that I have, and then I will as usual be running back into my Philosophy brand. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

BTW, I am not always a fan of Phil, and the ingredients they use including all the chemicals and artificial colors in the body washes, but WHINE is a fave of mine!! Non greasy, and water like with integrity in most of its ingredients Give it a try, I find great deals on it on Ebay, plenty of sample sizes on Ebay if you want to try it and start small.  

@Shelbelle 

Same here. It's a fav. I stray from time to time to try other brands with Vitamin C and it never fails, I always return to WHINE face serum. Philosophy had a TSV a few months back that offered two bottles of the WHINE with a small bottle of purity and I did purchase. I am using up the current Vitamin C that I have, and then I will as usual be running back into my Philosophy brand. 

Yes, it also contains peptides and glutathione, very good !! And has a light gel/water like feeling to it. 

Respected Contributor

It is a great serum! I have used it for years. 

Trusted Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle 

I purchased this TSV in Oct 2019.  A great value.  That offer came with a tote.  This year the TSV came with a bottle of Purity.  They tote was a much better idea.  Looking forward to see what they offer next year.   This product is light, not sticky like some other serums can be.