Frequent Contributor

Philosophy When Hope is Not Enough PM Turn Bright Yellow

A while back I purchased Philosophy When Hope is Not Enough AM and PM serum duo in the large bottle.  Is it normal for the PM serum to turn bright yellow?  Is it safe to use?

Regular Contributor

Re: Philosophy When Hope is Not Enough PM Turn Bright Yellow

I have had similar problems with Hope in a Jar and When Hope is Not Enough.   Renewed Hope and the new Purity moisterizer that was in the TSV a while back seem just fine.  In addition to the color change, I have had problems with a racid odor developing. 

I find that the serum When Hope is Not Enough makes my moisterizer more effective so I have quit buying the heavier products.  Unfortunately, when things are on auto-delivery, I developed a back log and often have to throw some things away before they are used.  I am trying to be better about that. 

Honored Contributor

@NWOL wrote:

A while back I purchased Philosophy When Hope is Not Enough AM and PM serum duo in the large bottle.  Is it normal for the PM serum to turn bright yellow?  Is it safe to use?

@NWOL- Is there a date on the bottle anywhere?  You may want to call Customer Service.  Depending on how long ago you made the purchase, perhaps they will send you a new bottle?  Let us know if you have a date on the bottle somewhere.  I'm curious to know.

Frequent Contributor

There is no date on the bottle but there is the number 7123 on the bottom.

Honored Contributor

Call or email Phil CS with that code number

Valued Contributor

I experienced the same thing with the same duo. I called CS and sent it back. The duo is no longer available in that large configuration.  I bought a smaller duo on Philosophy website with 20% off.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Contributor

A few years ago the same thing happened to an Amazing Grace bath gel that I had, original color was pink, it turned yellow.  I threw it away, didn't trust washing with it after that.

Honored Contributor

@NWOL  Contact Philosophy directly with this question.  They should send you a new bottle.  I purchased the Renewed Hope in a Jar AM & PM.

THe AM is excellent but the PM I ended up throwing out.  It was so emollient that it felt greasy.  I would rather use my oils on my skin at bedtime.  The AM is very nice becasue it absorbs quickly.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@NWOL wrote:

@NWOL  If there’s Vit. C in the serum, even a trace amount, if it’s been exposed to air or old, it will oxidize and turn yellow. It’s always sold in dark bottles for that reason. I have received serums from other companies that started out clear and turned yellow within weeks...I returned it. To me, the active ingredients had been compromised.