Honored Contributor

Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough facial replenishing cream

[ Edited ]

This has been my day and night cream for awhile.  It appears to have been discontinued.  It was the best thing for my dry skin that I have ever used.  Highly moisturizing and left my skin glowing. I am really diappointed that Philosophy hasn't gotten back with me after 3 tries of asking if they have  something to take it's place. Does anyone know anything about this or maybe even a dupe for this item?

*********I edited this to say I have the name wrong in the title... the word "cream" should have been "balm".

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough facial replenishing cream

@jubilant wrote:

This has been my day and night cream for awhile.  It appears to have been discontinued.  It was the best thing for my dry skin that I have ever used.  Highly moisturizing and left my skin glowing. I am really diappointed that Philosophy hasn't gotten back with me after 3 tries of asking if they have  something to take it's place. Does anyone know anything about this or maybe even a dupe for this item?

@jubilant   Philosophy's CS is far from the best. I had dealings with them many years ago when I used their products exclusively and had a terrible reaction. They each have/had active ingredients. Used one on top of another, caused a reaction only my derm could deal with....acids, retinol in most products. IMO, you're better off that it's no longer available. I'd recommend trying L'Oréal Regenerist line or Olay has one that is quite similar. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Shanus.  I appreciate your post.  I will give L'oreal Regenerist and Olay a "look-see".  I am really disappointed in Philosophy CS.  I didn't even complain.....just asked what a good replacement would be.  They tell you they will get back with you and never do.  Three times wasn't a charm!  I'm done with them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

L'Oreal makes RevitaLift. Olay makes Regenerist. Similar names but different companies.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Thanks for clarification. Been awake since 5:30AM. Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant, last year I rec'd a Philosophy kit for x-mas that contained travel sizes of a number of different products including one of which was Renewed Hope in a Jar.  It is the regular one, not the water cream.

I just started to use it about 2 weeks ago and it is a no go for me.  It has a very strong scent to it, sort of floraly, and it broke my skin out something horrible.  I had large, cystic acne on my chin.  I am now using it on my feet.  LOL

Obviously that is just my experience with that particular cream.  Not sure if you want to stick to Philosophy but if you are going to try something, maybe try and find a small jar like I had.  It is rare that I have that kind of a reaction to a product.  In fact the last time I did it was Lancome Genefique.  

Even if I hadn't had that reaction, it's not something I would have bought in a full-size because of the fragrance.  If that bothers you, watch out for it in L'Oreal and Olay products.     

You also may have better luck reaching out to Heidi, MariLynn or Dara on Facebook and see if they respond. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant   If you check the Philosophy site (just did), the Renewed Hope In A Jar has 3 or 4 acids. I assume your product was similar. If used w/ anything else that has active ingredients like a Vit. C serum or Retinol or Retin A, all combined can be irritating.

Also on their site, it was interesting to see the introduction of a new line called "nature" something...not seen on Q yet. I didn't explore the ingredients, but may be trying to get on the "clean" bandwagon.