Regular Contributor

Re: Philosophy TSv came today

I absolutely LOVE the warm cashmere! I have tried all of the scents in the TSV, and warm cashmere is by far my favorite! It is so cozy and warm and luscious!

I did not like Snow Angel or Sweet Vanilla Fig.  I do like Gingerbread Man and Fresh Cream, but not nearly as much as I like warm cashmere.

Respected Contributor

My Gingerbread Man came on the 11th. There was no pump in the box but have a 16 oz. Bottle I can refill or use a other pump from another scent.   Not worth the hassle to call CS.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Labluver, I am actually happy you told me this. It will save me from making poor scent choices in the future. Guess your daughter and I have this in common. 

I love shimmery stuff, so I will have to look away when they show the pretty, sparkly formulas. Now I will have to send this set back. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   You would think in this day and age that Philosophy would come out with sulfate free.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Last night I got the Snow Angel.  I layered the lotion, and the scent.  Thought it was a go, but by 2 hours there was absolutely nothing.  Nobody in the house could smell it either, and I hugged all three of them.

Today here comes the FIL set I also ordered.  Which I swore I wasn't going to try yet again...  But that layering thing, you know?  Bath with the gel.  Nice suds, no smell.  Lotion feels OK, but no smell.  Added the fragrance.  I can barely smell anything.  Will give it some time, till my Son, who asked, "Why don't you wear your Mom Perfume any more?"  He gets off work in about an hour and a half.  He said that he always knew that I was coming into a room by the scent of FIL.  This will be my test.  

You know, I have always had a sense of smell like a Bloodhound.  My Daughter, in her older teen years wore Tommy.  Her bedroom was downstairs, and mine was upstairs.  I didn't "hear" her climb back in her bedroom window at night, but I could "smell" the Tommy when she climbed back in.  My husband would ask "how do you know she is home?"  Trust me honey ~ She's Back!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   You would think in this day and age that Philosophy would come out with sulfate free.  

@Katcat1  I agree. Many products also have parabens.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I received my Warm Cashmere. I absolutely love it‼️ I refuse to call it Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere because I don’t like Fresh Cream at all 🤗 and Warm Cashmere is totally different.  It has a sultry, warm, exotic, lightly musk scent to it.  It’s smooth and seductive.  My skin feels especially soft after showering with the shower gel, and layering the cream leaves a wonderful lasting scent.    Heaven‼️ 

My other Philosophy favorites are Gingerbread Man, and Sweet Vanilla Fig. 

Everything you said about FCWC is how I felt when I tried it. What a beautiful fragrance! But in my excitement while ordering this TSV, I also ordered the Sweet Vanilla Fig. After receiving it, I came to my senses and realized I didn't even need to order SVF right now. I'm currently working on a mega size (64 oz) shower gel and body creme (16 oz) which will last me for quite awhile. So, back it goes!

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

I got snow angel. I like the scent but it is so subtle I can barely smell it.   

@chiclet ~ I didn't purchase this TSV, QVC does not ship perfume to Alaska or Hawaii.  I wasn't interested in the scents offered, but was hoping to see Amazing Grace or Falling In Love.  Maybe give it one more shot, since the price was excellent.

As far as subtle scents, that is par for the course.  Actually, more like zero scent!  I love AG and FIL, but $59 for 2ozs. of edp offered on the Q, is a lot of money for 99.9% alcohol.  There's "barely" a scent, it immediately evaporates when it dries down.  I've also purchased these two scents from Macy's and directly from Philosophy...SOS!  These two scents were in my top three favorites, the scents really lifted my spirits, and I received so many compliments.  Shame on Coty and Philosophy for not listening to the thousands of requests to return to the "original" long lasting 

scents.  Unfortunately, as long as they keep selling it, nothing will change.  😕

Instead of the EDP, try the body lotions or creams. I've had people comment on my Summer Grace fragrance 8-10 hours after I put the lotion on. I put the Whipped Body Creme on yesterday at 7:00am and could still smell it when I left my office at 6:00pm. 

I don't think the issue is with the actual fragrance not lasting, I think it's the user going "nose blind" and having the brain stop processing the scent. That's why other people can smell it when you walk into a room hours later but you can't.

If I get the EDP on my clothing, I can't smell it a few hours later unless I get it right up to my nose. But if I walk by the hamper where I put my clothes the night before, I can smell it the next morning. If the fragrance actually didn't last, that would not be possible. But if I went "nose blind" and my brain "reset" overnight, that explains why I can smell it on my old clothes the next morning.

Occasional Contributor

Snow Angel is pretty and light.  I ordered The Gingerbread Man and I love love the fragrance. When the fragrance dries down it is so amazingly beautiful!. I never knew The Gingerbread Man fragrance could smell so delightful.

Respected Contributor

Good to know about Gingerbread Man! I wasn't sure I wanted a ginger scent. I have a ginger hand gel. It's nice enough but potent and I for sure wouldn't want that in cologne, so went with Snow Angel.