Regular Contributor

Philosophy Scents not lasting???

Is anybody else experiencing their Pure Grace, Amazing Grace , Baby Grace not lasting anymore? I use to do one spritz in the am and people would be complimenting me and asking me what I was wearing well into the evening....not so much anymore. Even with the first spritz  in the morning I almost don't smell anything....

ive been really disappointed lately.

Valued Contributor

Re: Philosophy Scents not lasting???

I have made my first, last, and only purchase of a Philosophy Grace spray for that very reason.  It simply did not last longer than a few minutes.  The shower gel smells nice as I'm using it, making it a pleasant experience for those few minutes.  However, as many other companies also make bath and shower gels in wonderful fragrances, I'm probably done with Philosophy.  (I promise not to get on here and harp about being done with it, though. Think of all those two-hour blocks of time I'll have to read a book, exercise, clean the house, change the channel....)  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Philosophy scents not lasting has been like that for many years.  Hence, I don't buy anymore.

The shower gels are the worst.  The scent while showering might last 90 seconds, then it's gone until used in the next shower.  Not worth the $$ at all.

Quit using the body lotion (Amazing Grace and Pure Grace) as I bought a bottle that had no scent whatsoever!!

Of course, it was returned, just don't have time to buy and return.  I'm done!!!

Respected Contributor

@3Irishboys wrote:

Is anybody else experiencing their Pure Grace, Amazing Grace , Baby Grace not lasting anymore? I use to do one spritz in the am and people would be complimenting me and asking me what I was wearing well into the evening....not so much anymore. Even with the first spritz  in the morning I almost don't smell anything....

ive been really disappointed lately.

When the company was sold I stopped purchasing, watered down products. I have noticed they do not sell as much as they use to when Christina owned the company. 

Frequent Contributor

Panda123 - totally agree.  I stopped purchasing scents as well - no scent within hour of applying.

Honored Contributor

They have had nonexistent scent ever since the company was sold. I stopped buying at that time. I see no point in ordering a favorite scent that cannot be detected 5 minutes after it leaves the bottle.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

They have had nonexistent scent ever since the company was sold. I stopped buying at that time. I see no point in ordering a favorite scent that cannot be detected 5 minutes after it leaves the bottle.

I have to agree, after the company was sold the products changed.  I had used BG for years then gave up after they changed the formula and found that scents only last a few minutes.