Contributor

Philosophy Microdelivery Vitamin C Peel vs. Lancer The Method

What system do you think is more effective?
Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy Microdelivery Vitamin C Peel vs. Lancer The Method

[ Edited ]

@TriciaPat  I actually like Fresh (fresh.com).   They offer different masks and use natural ingredients.  They have a Rose Mask that soothes and tones, Black Tea Mask that firms.  For a try out size it's $25 to $35 and you probably get about 4 to 5 applications.  Check it out.  There are about 6 different masks offered.

I would never use philosophy.  If you need to order from QVC, I would look into Tatcha.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Love them both.  The two piece Philosophy vit c peel is IMO the best on the market.  Others like Serious  Skin care and Olay have attempted to duplicate it and failed miserably.  It is intended for periodic use, once a week. The Lancer method yields a similar silken , glassine finish but can be used on a daily basis.  Philosophy’ daily micro delivery peel is not very favorably reviewed, especially after the sell out and formula change.  The Method is phenomenal imho.  Have both, use both. Think they are well worth the money and time.  Moisturizers and , sometimes, cleansers are interchangeable but these two are stellar, unique.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@TriciaPat  I actually like Fresh (fresh.com).   They offer different masks and use natural ingredients.  They have a Rose Mask that soothes and tones, Black Tea Mask that firms.  For a try out size it's $25 to $35 and you probably get about 4 to 5 applications.  Check it out.  There are about 6 different masks offered.

I would never use philosophy.  If you need to order from QVC, I would look into Tatcha.

@Katcat1   I totally agree about Philosophy. None of their products come near my face. Sometimes celebrity endorsed products like Lancer are not better, just more expensive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TriciaPat wrote:
What system do you think is more effective?

@TriciaPat   Good morning. Over exfoliation is one mistake many women make. If you use a washcloth while cleansing, a Vit. C serum, any acid pads or active ingredients in toners or cleaners, Retin A, etc. a separate manual exfoliator is overkill. Your skin needs to keep that top layer of protection. Scrubbing it off daily or twice a day as Lancer has suggested? Difficult to believe that's a derm's advice. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lancer's Lime Pearl Peel gets excellent reviews. 

Trusted Contributor

Dermatologists routinely recommend the Clarisonic, most  group practices offer them for sale in their offices.  We know that manual cleansing  is less effective .  Every dentist I’ve ever had experience with recommends sonic cleansing for the same reason.  Most sell OralB in their offices.  RetinA is harsh, expensive and not everyone can tolerate it , nor do they wish to.  Dermatologists swear by exfoliation, retinol, stabilized vitamin C and hyaluronic acid.  If anyone prefers to use soap and a wash cloth or cold cream, heaven forbid, that’s their prerogative but they ought not to discourage those who don’t from trying  state of the art modalities.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Looking at close-ups of Candace's skin, even on TV, I see dark spots, hypermigmention and bumps. So, what really is the Lancer Method doing differently?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus..I agree w/u. I keep on listening to Candace how she’s saying how wonderful and beautiful her skin is and I keep on wondering “ am I seeing things”.. lol. They continue to push her fame more then the skin care. CCB isn’t really all that or example for yge line.. She keeps telling the same tired sales pitch from last nite. Maybe they should find another spokesperson.
Respected Contributor

The Philosophy peel is amazing. It is also pricey. But I think it's worth it. Have not tried the alancer one.