Occasional Contributor

I know that this topic has been discussed multiple times but I recently have reached the conclusion that many here on the baord have reached when it comes to the Philosophy Grace scents.  Not the same and no lasting power at all.

I have used Pure Grace for many many years.  I like the clean scent and it just made me happy to wear.  When my children were very young, they commented about my PJs that were placed on my pillow to be used each night "smelt like mommy."  I smelled them to see what they meant and they smelled like Pure Grace.  I thought, hmmm if I passed away now, they would have this scent remind them of their mommy.  I know, a somewhat morbid thought but still.  I have since been using Pure Grace shower gel, body lotion and perfume for years and years and years. And last night I realized...my PJs have no smell.  I bathed with the shower gel, applied the body lotion all over, not being stingy about it.  Went to bed in my PJs and.....nothing.  Nothing.  No "mommy" smell.  I won't be buying it any longer.  The scensory experience it provided before is no longer there and therefore no longer worth the price.  Disapppointing. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy Grace - No More

@My3Girls ~

On another Thread the other day, I commented on what you just posted.  My 24 year old Son asked me a few days ago "What ever happened to that Wonderful Perfume you used to wear all the time?"  The scent was FIL.  Sigh...

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mistic.  I have read people state there are knock-offs avaiallbe elsewhere. I wonder if these knockoffs have the similar scent but also the lasting power we miss.

Super Contributor

The company is certainly not what it was when Christina was 'in charge'.  Very sad as I love Pure Grace as well.  Have ordered directly from the vendor, but it makes no difference.  When BIG companies take over/buy out, nothing is the same as the original no matter what they insist!

Respected Contributor

I'm doing what I said I would never do...  Some of the Ladies here told me yesterday that I need to LAYER, LAYER, LAYER!  So, going back on my word, and Trying Again with one of theTSV's, and a FIL complete kit I found while searching the Q.  With the free shipping, I will return if I have to, and just have to eat the ship back cost.    

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

I really like the philosophy scents especiallyAmazing Grace. But I have stopped purchasing them because the scent just does not last.

Respected Contributor

Will never understand why a company would want to purchase another very profitable company, and then sc*ew it up?

Respected Contributor

Back in the day, I loved Amazing Grace. That was when Cristina Carlino was still the owner.

Over the years, it's become a shadow of its former self. Not only has the scent changed, but there is ZERO staying power.

Respected Contributor

I use Amazing Grace shower gel, AG whipped body creme, and a very light spritz of the AG fragrance (I spray above my head and let it fall on me).  I don't really smell it much on myself after the dry down, but I get compliments on it from others well into the evening.  

I know that many others have said there is no staying power but it's funny -- that is just not my experience.

Super Contributor

I started with Philosophy from the very beginning on QVC. Still using the fragrance, not the skin care line. 

Two people asked me what I was wearing this week, saying it smelled amazing. Amazing Grace. My friend was sitting across from me in a dining booth, and the second was a nurse in my MD office.so both were close to me. I  think you have to be close to the wearer. I have zero complaints about Philosophy fragrances, and I have a whole wardrobe..