Occasional Contributor

Philosophy Burning my eyes now????

Hello,

I have been using Philosophy -facial cleaner, make up remover- for a long time now, but recently after washing and rinse my face, I wake up with my eyes burning. Did they change something in this? Anyone else experiencing this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy Burning my eyes now????

In my opinion your eyes would likely burn while using the product. My suggestion would be to use a different cleanser for a week and see if it continues. You will then know for certain that is the cause. To answer your direct question I wash my face with Purity Gel in the tube. I have very dry eyes and switched to unscented Neutrogena facial cleanser to see if it made any difference and no my dry eyes continued. I run a humidifier all night in the bedroom.
Not applicable

Depends on what eye make-up I have used.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if they changed anything, but I can tell you that I am sensitive to pretty much nothing and yet I cannot use several Philosophy products. They make my eyes sting even if applied nowhere near my eyes.

I have never had this kind of problem with anything else. Kiss

Contributor

Mine have always burned a little using Purity. I continue to use the product b/c it's far superior to any other make-up remover/cleanser I've used. It's only a slight burn for me and only for a couple seconds and then it's gone.

Occasional Contributor

Mostly with hope in a jar, but I made the mistake of ordering the 2pack of "purity large bottles" (a life time supply no doubt), and it is not a friend to my eyes. I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but after what has been done to the 1st three Graces, and associated products, I'm afraid they have all been dummied down, thinking we wouldn't notice. I'm convinced they won't go back to all the original ingredients in the same amounts in anything.
Occasional Contributor

I haven't noticed any burning with Purity, but have with the Miracle Worker eye cream..

Frequent Contributor

I cannot use philosophy's purity simple cleanser. It burned my eyes something awful.

I use Yves Rocher gentle eyemakeup remover.

Honored Contributor

I use Purity more often than any other cleanser. Some days my eyes burn, some days they don't. It doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with the cleansers or other skincare I use - unless I get it into my eyes. Then everything burns - including baby products.

In my case, according to my ophthalmologist, the burning is caused by dry eye which is due to my age. So much for a remedy since I don't much care for the remedy for aging!