Honored Contributor

Philosophy Body Wash

[ Edited ]

Ingredients going from bad to worse. Not only several sulfates, and lots of artificial dyes, but now I notice some have DMDM Hydantoin, which is a form of formaldehyde. I have parted ways with their shower gels once my stash is used up. 

Some of them that are creamy white have no dyes. 

Honored Contributor

Hmmm...I've always been a huge fan of Philosophy shower gels, too.  I don't have a huge stash, but maybe I need to give it second thoughts, too.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Korres has sulfates, but no dyes. Carol's Daughter has no dyes or sulfates. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy Body Wash

[ Edited ]

I gave up on them as they are very drying. I am really liking Perlier's Imperial Honey and Golden Almond body washes. No dryness even in cold WI here.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for alerting us to the ingredients! I bought 3 of those and didn't check ingredients. Guess I won't give them to people with real sensitive skin.

Esteemed Contributor

After trying my first (yes, first) Philosophy shower gel............I'll never leave a bar of soap again.  I expected liquid soap in a big jar to be a challenge without using a shower scratchy puff ball thingie......but with wet hands and runny soap........mission impossible.  How do I get rid of this tank of Cream Whatever?

3 pcs set - other 2 acceptable

Respected Contributor

Stopped using Philosophy years ago....too many chemicals.

I only use CLEAN products on face and body.

Trusted Contributor

The scents are so watered down!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Philosophy Body Wash

[ Edited ]

I really like these forums, because you learn a lot of useful information. After due diligence, I make decisions based on that information. I already ordered the Amazing Grace TSV because I love it, and the brand ambassador said they used eau de parfum in this set, which usually produces a stronger, longer lasting scent. We shall see. I don't like using products that are known to be harmful, but thought Philosophy was  "clean".

I am learning that to make  products shelf stable, the industry standard is to use products that are said to be potentially harmful to animals. For the record, I do not condone animal testing. I think when they take out one thing after being pressured to do so, they just use something else. I am inspired after reading some of the posts that are warning us about more of these products/chemicals, and to become more diligent about reading and interpreting ALL product labels. Thanks for posting!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

More chemicals Oh boy...I haven’t used their body washes in years because they dried me out. Now, I can no longer use Purity because for some reason it irritates my face. I’m using Neutrogena currently for my face and It’s working out ok but it doesn’t remove eye make up. Im using micellar water but I don’t like it as I have to rub my eyes with a cotton pad. 

On another note, my daughter found in a gift bag in her closet... a Christmas gift from me from 2006, card still in there. She forgot about it. The present? Amazing Grace Eau de Parfum unopened.  She was beyond thrilled. When we compared what she recently bought about 8 months ago, it was unbelievable. I’m not sure when Philosophy sold out to Coty, but the once beautiful fragrance was so different from that found bottle.  Much more elegant and lasting.  About 15 years ago, the supply guy at work used to follow me around the building every now and then just to get a whiff! It was hysterical.   Miss my original formula Amazing Grace. Wish Ms. Carlino would come back and bring it out of the vault.