Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy Amazing Grace

I thought I was doing something wrong! I can’t smell my parfum right after I spray it! What upset me is I always buy the holiday ones for my grands. I looked up it’s safety review and found it’s not safe for teens! What the heck?
Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

I wore pure grace for years and got compliments from strangers walking by me.  I loved it so much.  My shirt would smell so good a week later in the the laundry hamper.   I have bought it on the Q, and ulta and it does not smell for any length of time.  I bought the Eau de parfum and nothing lasts.  It is so dissappointing because Philosophy scents are my favorite.  I have bought Nest and others and I get sick of them after a few times but I never get sick of the Philosophy scents.  But what is the point of buying something last barely lasts 10 minutes.  I can spray my shirt till it is damp and when I take it off no smell at all......

Trusted Contributor

Same here.  I wore Amazing Grace body lotion and perfume for years. The scent stayed on my clothes until they were laundered. My DIL always told me she could tell I'd been holding the babies long after I'd left, their clothes and hair smelled like me (a complimentSmiley Happy)   

The compliments have ceased, my clothing no longer retains the scent and I no longer smell the occasional pleasant whiff of Amazing Grace.

Honored Contributor

I sure wish I could find another fragrance that smelled as nice as the Philosophy fragrances.  I still remembering my grandma telling me I always smelled so nice.  

The fragrance no longer lasts more than an hour, so disappointing.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure by now all of you have heard this story but maybe there's one left who's been able to avoid hearing this.

Before AG was sold and watered down I always wore it.

Oncei had a guy walk past me in a parking lot.  Suddenly I heard someone coming up behind me.  He's saying, "Wait!  Wait!"  I said, "What's the matter?"

He was laughing and said, "I just want to know what you are wearing?  Your perfume, what is it".  I want to get it for my wife".

I told him it was Amazing Grace, bla bla.

I used to be in elevators with a few people.  Someone would say, "Someone in here smells amazing."  Someone would point to me and say,"It's her".  I'd say, "Amazing Grace" as I got off of the elevator.

There were other times I was asked about my cologne.

Then suddenly...it stopped.

Recently I've been wearing Amazing Grace Bergamot.   

I think it 'might'not be 'watered down' as much 'yet'.

Recently (while at the grocery store) as I entered the store, looking at the tomatoes, a nice looking young man in his late 20's 

said, "I found you"!  I started laughing and I said, " It's Amazing Grace - bergamot".

He said, "How'd you know what I was going to ask?"

Laughing I said, "Well I knew you were not going to ask for my number since I'm 74 and you are...not".  He thought that was funny.  We've both went on our way.

Another time, while shopping, a man came around the corner of the store and said, " I figured I'd eventually find you".  I just looked at him.

I think he was disappointed I wasn't a ravishing beautiful young woman!  Ha!  He just told me I smelled really good.

I've had women tell me I smelled good, but honestly, more men than women. 

I guess it will be watered down too, eventually.

Occasional Contributor

Amazing Grace was the most fantastic fragrance when introduced in 1996 by Christina Carlino. It really stayed all day and people never asked what perfume I was wearing - just that I smelled so good. When Coty Beauty bught the rights to Amazing  Grace the formula was completely reworked causing real problems to QVC customers, who vocally made their complaints known,, some if not all suggestd a boycot of Philosophy altogether. After repeated complaints Coty has not changed the formula back from 2010 - 12 years. I personally cannot spend my money on a frangrance that was totally ruined by a greedy company just to cut corners on profits.. What people are paying their good money for now is a shadow of what it once was.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

I still buy it for sentimental reasons. I love it. I purchased it in Macy's because someone said it's not watered down like QVC's. I always buy the Eau de parfum; never the spray fragrance. The Macy's purchase was no different than the QVC purchase, and Q's was a better deal. 

@KBEANS  

Thanks for the comparative info on Macy's  vs QVC scent.

I also buy only the A/G  EDP, (vs EDT)... EDT, not even worth it. 

(I've found .. I've gotta watch QVC, cause they switch the EDP, for EDT, I've noticed in some of my future A/D kits.)

The TSV today has 4oz of EDP.