Super Contributor

I had gotten a sample of Amazing Grace shampoo and shower gel several years ago at Ulta. I love the smell, but all the reviews lately say it doesn't smell the same.  What do you think?  Hope I'm not disappointed if I purchase it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy Amazing Grace

The company was sold a few years back and ever since the scent dosen't last like it used to. IMHO the scent is the same but dosen't stay with you all day. I was lucky to get an hour! I don't buy it anymore.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Since Coty bought out Philosophy the fragrance has changed.  I tried a sample of it and it doesn't last long on the skin.

Respected Contributor

I still buy Amazing grace, it's my favorite fragrance but I don't buy it from QVC because the fragrance doesn't last, I think they changed it  for bulk sales. I buy from Ulta and I get compliments as I did when it was offered buy the original company

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still buy it for sentimental reasons. I love it. I purchased it in Macy's because someone said it's not watered down like QVC's. I always buy the Eau de parfum; never the spray fragrance. The Macy's purchase was no different than the QVC purchase, and Q's was a better deal. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

The fragrance hasn’t changed, but it disappears in an hour! Oh I bought some at Kohl’s last year and ended up taking it back because the scent just did not last. I have never had that happen before, very strange. I don’t know how the company would think they’re going to get away with that and the change not effect their sales? Very disappointing! In fact, I bought it as a set an even layered with the lotion and it still dissipated
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's changed, I still have some body firming lotion in a very large size from QVC. IT  says The last thing  on the bottom, news ones have Coty, tried it (which surpsinly has not turned bad, still smells fresh and lovely) one one wrist compared to new Coty version on the other wrist. There is a definite difference in the scent, a depth to the original that the new one just doesn't have. The new is ok,i I won't buy the new versions anymore, on me it's not only that they don't last,  it's while they are there they're just not the same, sadly. You could always buy the vintage on eBay but then you really don't know if the fragrance has turned bad or not until after you paid for it and receive it.

Respected Contributor

Coty bought Philosophy over 10 years ago. I have serious reservations about 10 year old product.
Regular Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

The company was sold a few years back and ever since the scent dosen't last like it used to. IMHO the scent is the same but dosen't stay with you all day. I was lucky to get an hour! I don't buy it anymore.

I totally agree.  Living Grace was my favorite layering the body wash, body creme, body lotion and topping off with the co;ogne and the scent lasted maybe an hour.  I stopped buying Philosophy.  So sad, it's just not the same.

Super Contributor

I know what you mean that's what's kept me from attempting to purchase a vintage bottle,I think it would likely smell like alcohol. I can't believe the bottle of firming lotion I found pushed away in the back of my cabinet still smells nice it's so pretty compared to the new version which I just I don't like nearly as much. It's sad because I really struggle to find a perfume that I like, that doesn't give me a headache and  gets compliments, Amazizing Grace was that for me, but not anymore.