Occasional Contributor

Philosophy 3 in 1 as shampoo?

Does anyone use this as shampoo? I love it as a shower gel and bubble bath. My hair is extremely healthy and I wash it everyday. Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy 3 in 1 as shampoo?

Not on a regular basis but when I've gone on vacation I'll use it to make things easier and bring less products with me.

Personally, I'm not that fond of it as a shampoo.  It seems a little drying to me but my hair tends to be on the dry side.  I prefer regular shampoo.  

Respected Contributor

I used them a few times.  It was fine but I prefer my regular shampoo. 

Respected Contributor

I only use it as shower gel - never shampoo.  I feel my hair needs something much gentler.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

i have used it in a pinch, but overall my hair does not look good when i use it.......dry and stiff looking.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I've liked the Amazing Grace one as a shampoo, but the newer scents that are more translucent in the bottle, have left my hair feeling like straw. I saw milk proteins in the AG ingredients, but there must be another difference as well. 

Respected Contributor

My hair looked dry and dull and felt like straw when I used it as shampoo - I don't know how they can even advertise it that way.  Like it ok as body wash though.

Honored Contributor

@JoNikki,   I would not use as an everyday shampoo because it is NOT sulfate free.    Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My 11 year old does... and when he does, his hair is greasy the next day. When he uses other shampoos....no issues. His scalp also itches when he uses the 3-in-1 as a shampoo. I have a variety as he loves the scents....they all do this to his hair.

Respected Contributor

I used to use the 3 in 1's as shampoo quite often, years ago, before Cristina Carolino sold her company, and I loved the results.   Something in the formula changed and it is now too drying for me to use.