Frequent Contributor

Re: Philosophy 3 in 1 as shampoo?

Ok I guess I am in the minority here but I still wanted to offer my 2 cents Smiley Happy

I have long, thick, course/wavy, color treated dark brown almost black hair. I have always used professional shampoos/conditioners to help with the coarseness and keep the color. They were doing "just ok". 

I then became a Philosophy addict about a year ago and decided to try the 3 in 1 as shampoo with the Philosophy conditioner with it. My hair has never been better!

I wash my hair with the 3 in 1, 2 times in the shower. I have always washed with shampoo twice, one to clean out the hair products and then the second to clean my actual hair. I then use their conditioner. 

I tried going back to a shampoo/conditioner that I had used for years before and the texture of my hair and the volume was noticeably different! Went back to Philosophy and back to my smooth, volumized hair!

Honored Contributor

Not unless you want your hair to feel like plastic doll hair after you've used it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter,  I agree with your comment completely.  I have medium long hair and after using it one time my hair felt awful-just like doll hair as you stated.  Would never use it again on hair. Obviously , we all have different experiences.  I do not think the ingredients are great for hair.

Respected Contributor

I have tried using it as a shampoo once and did not care for the results. My hair felt very dry after using it.  It would be ok for a weekend trip or something like that but not for everyday use in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

FYI,  most shower gels are now $12 on the Phil. site.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1agree!

This 3 in one is nothing more IMHO then a nice unique scent...with words, cute words.

It has irritating things in it for my older skin and for personal areas...very drying for me there.

Would strip my color.

I never buy Phils 3 in 1's for the SLS!

I like to use a gentle cleanser ..why not put something good and natural  for all over the body while showering..my 2 cents Smiley Happy

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775,   I believe philosophy should come out with no sulfate 3 in 1 or change their orginal formula to no sulfates.  I own shampoos with no sulfates that give plenty of suds.  

kindness is strength