Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy #1 prestige brand shower gel in the US....buying TSV?

Want it but really don't need more bath products.

Respected Contributor

This is so tempting because this is a great price, I like a lot of these scents (and a couple I'd like to try), plus the 6oz size is my preferred size, but I really have so much bath and body on hand, and still have some 6oz Philosophy bath gels, not to mention a bunch of 16oz on hand I'm trying to use up.  And I still buy other brands so... 

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, I want to be ahead of the game on my Christmas shopping.  These will be part of the gift for some people on my list.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

It is a very good price, but the chemicals ,sulfates and artificial dyes, make it an easy pass for me. 

@Shelbelle 

Do you mind sharing the body washes you use without the above and you like?

TIA

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

It is a very good price, but the chemicals ,sulfates and artificial dyes, make it an easy pass for me. 

@Shelbelle 

Do you mind sharing the body washes you use without the above and you like?

TIA

Hi, Kate, Korres still has sulfates, but less chemicals and no artificial dyes, Love, Beauty, Planet is a good one that is all natural, comes in nice scents, Perlier has sulfates and dyes.  More natiural brands are Alba, Andalou, Jason. 

Occasional Contributor

As others have mentined, the sulfates make Philosophy a strong PASS for me.  I always had to make sure to rinse well after I used their shower gel.  You can find much cheaper shower gels and shampoos without sulfates.  But I get how people like the scents -- I do, too, but won't ever use bath/shower products with sulfates again.

Contributor

Philosophy has some real toxicity in their products according to EWG Skin Deep! No thank you
Honored Contributor

I don't consider Philosophy prestige really and it's pretty average as a shower gel.