Re: Peter Thomas Roth Mineral Sunscreen / great buy

On what website do I go to purchase this. I tried PTR and only find full price.

Respected Contributor

I suppose for $12 it might be worth trying. I tried the PTR SPF30 mineral sunscreen as well as the Bare Minerals one a few years ago and they were ok. Unfortunately, these can spill and be messy. The first BE one I received spilled all over as soon as I opened it (maybe that was a loose or defective package because they sent me another which did not). I put the PTR one in my makeup bag in my purse and after awhile that spilled as well. For the amount you get and how much you need to apply to be effective, I would rather just use a regular sunscreen.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/25/2014 the stoner said:

I don't know what to tell you because PTR rarely limits his specials. I did get notice of it in an email (since I signed up there for emails) but it has no special code, just a shop now place to click. Yet I have taken advantage of other specials before I was getting emails and never had any issue as they always showed up.

What might work is going to his site and signing up to receive emails. The reason I did it in the first place was because I heard he ran great specials regularly (and that has proven to be true) so wanted to make sure I got them.

If you sign up for them (you can always unsubscribe whenever you choose) maybe it will automatically email you with this offer. If that doesn't happen by the time their CS Reps are back, which should be Tuesday, then call them and tell them you tried all weekend to get this deal.

It might still be in effect on Tuesday too as he does tend to run them for a little while. I didn't see anything that said it was limited to this weekend. One way or another, I don't see you not being able to buy them at the reduced price even if it means having to call them.

Trusted Contributor

It is so interesting that what works great for some is a real buzz kill for others. I had such bad luck with Colorscience while others here love it. I have not tried these SPF Minerals from PTR (I avoided all brands after my experience with Colorscience) but did sign up to get emails from there so I would see the specials he runs. It appears to be an updated container ( at least from my past look at his ) so maybe they fixed the application and tube issues. PTR prides himself on making quality products so I'd be surprised if he didn't address a problem like that.

Honored Contributor

I googled the full name and a link to the website came up. Under the link was a link to the $12 special. Clicked on it and it took me right to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Anti-Aging Instant Mineral SPF 45

http://peterthomasroth.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=mineral+sunscreen&x=7&y=6

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 wackers said:

It is so interesting that what works great for some is a real buzz kill for others. I had such bad luck with Colorscience while others here love it. I have not tried these SPF Minerals from PTR (I avoided all brands after my experience with Colorscience) but did sign up to get emails from there so I would see the specials he runs. It appears to be an updated container ( at least from my past look at his ) so maybe they fixed the application and tube issues. PTR prides himself on making quality products so I'd be surprised if he didn't address a problem like that.

what made your experience with colorescience bad? Yes I'm really quite interested in these powdered sunscreens but I really want to hear the pros and cons.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the heads up...I bought 3!