Super Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Mineral Sunscreen / great buy

But I think he tests on animals...too bad... I used to like his stuff...

Trusted Contributor

On 5/24/2014 Andreatoo said: whom ever ends up buying the mineral powder sunscreen please come back and do a review because I'm really curious about it

You should be able to find reviews on Sephora, Dermstore, and even Amazon as his products are sold on those sites as well and most have active review sections. That way you could get opinions in enough time to buy it, if you decided you wanted to, while the special is still going on. Saving $20 on each would make it even more appealing.

I find that most MM powders of any kind are too drying for my super dry skin but to be fair to PTR, I have not personally tried his version. I have tried the much more expensive Colorescience and felt like my skin was being sucked dry. I also live in a very dry climate so that doesn't help. I do think having something like this on hand for those unexpected occasions when you find you need additional sunscreen on a fully made up face is a great idea. Fortunately I just bought a 5 in 1 BE Mineral Veil with SPF which should also do the trick.

Respected Contributor

He had these last year and the year before that at these prices, too. I bought several last year. Was very excited about them because I really like a similar product from ColorScience, SunForgetables. Hated the PTR dupe. The powder barely comes out of the barrel on to the brush. I had to disassemble the whole thing to get any product. When it does finally get on your skin it is not nearly as nice as the SunF. SunF does not amplify lines whereas, imo, PTR really, really did. I wouldn't buy these again at $5 and free s&h.

Valued Contributor

bella,

i totally agree. what a mess!

this was a junky knockoff of colorscience and it failed miserably. this is one case where i firmly believe that you get what you pay for.

i didn't get the anti aging one, since this might be new but i wouldn't order after trying it the last time around. the one i purchased was in a yellow tube. blech!

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2014 wackers said:
On 5/24/2014 Andreatoo said: whom ever ends up buying the mineral powder sunscreen please come back and do a review because I'm really curious about it

You should be able to find reviews on Sephora, Dermstore, and even Amazon as his products are sold on those sites as well and most have active review sections. That way you could get opinions in enough time to buy it, if you decided you wanted to, while the special is still going on. Saving $20 on each would make it even more appealing.

I find that most MM powders of any kind are too drying for my super dry skin but to be fair to PTR, I have not personally tried his version. I have tried the much more expensive Colorescience and felt like my skin was being sucked dry. I also live in a very dry climate so that doesn't help. I do think having something like this on hand for those unexpected occasions when you find you need additional sunscreen on a fully made up face is a great idea. Fortunately I just bought a 5 in 1 BE Mineral Veil with SPF which should also do the trick.

not that you guys aren't strangers Too but I wanted to hear your opinions on the product. I have sunscreen so I don't need to buy another one but when I realized there was such a thing as a powder sunscreen it sounded good in theory which is why I was asking about it. When I think about it I can imagine there are some issues like that it might be cakey. and now you are saying in your case it is drying. All things to consider. I just wanted sunscreen that wasn't greasy.
Valued Contributor

I just recently started a thread about powder, mineral sunscreens--and before that thread this was the only one I had heard of. I'll have to check it out. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

A loose powder sunscreen tip I'd like to pass along:

I keep my powder sunscreens in the car. I've developed the habit to apply it to my arms and hands as soon as I get in the car throughout the day, I use translucent. Chemical sunscreens are only effective a couple of hours so if you drive home from work with your arm or side of your face in the sun, and you applied your sunscreen in the morning, it's not helping on the drive home. It's probably not helping at lunch time!

Mineral sun screen has not wait time, it works right away. I like the powder because it is not burning hot like liquid would be if I left it in the car in the summer.

Also, e.l.f. just launched an SPF45 loose mineral sunscreen.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 LuluCCS said:

I keep my powder sunscreens in the car. I've developed the habit to apply it to my arms and hands as soon as I get in the car throughout the day, I use translucent. Chemical sunscreens are only effective a couple of hours so if you drive home from work with your arm or side of your face in the sun, and you applied your sunscreen in the morning, it's not helping on the drive home. It's probably not helping at lunch time!

Mineral sun screen has not wait time, it works right away. I like the powder because it is not burning hot like liquid would be if I left it in the car in the summer.

that is a really good idea thank you for passing it along. I need to be more vigilant with my sunscreen
Honored Contributor

I just searched my email for the loose powder sunscreen. It is colorescience sunforgettable. $52.00 ouch!
Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 LuluCCS said:

I bought the ELF loose powder sunscreen on E bay for $8.75 and free shipping .....

I bought it to mix in with my Bare Minerals, and use it straight on my neck and chest.