Trusted Contributor

Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All-Day Moisture Defense Lotion w/SPF 30

[ Edited ]

Hello beauties,

This product is available at Sephora for $ 42.00 ( 1.7 oz.), and is touted elsewhere to be one of the better sunscreens built- in to a daily moisturizer.

Especially good for normal to dry skin supposedly.

Have any of you had any experience with this product and could you inform me (and others) here please?

Thanks so much.

Have a good day.  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All-Day Moisture Defense Lotion w/SPF 30

I used this a long while back I used this when having normal skin, younger.. it was okay..think it had a slightly different name.. I did not know much about sunscreens and all but did in my early 40's thank goodness! anyway, I'm not sure if this is a stable SPF and if a chemical type..okay just looked it's very much chemicals! I steer away as they are just not enough and burn my eyes and are chemicals...we have enough toxins just by eating an apple not organic :/ I slather on a 40+ mineral (zinc 7 to 10% is best) and go with that as I am light and use a lot of it. My makeup looks great over after using a primer. I do not feel these light weight moisturizers provide enough SPF for people who need it. You have to apply a lot and make sue it's STABLE. Makeupalley skin board had helped save my skin and I'm 58 with good skin.

This has nothing great in it ...just my opinion. When you are aware of ingredients you will see this is no diff then maybe a drugstore cheap brand...look and see Smiley Wink hope this helps and it's just my 2 cents. PS: had a pinpoint basal cell cancer on top of my nose 3 years ago, I used antiox and stable C and still do daily and SUNBLOCK all over b/c it can be disfiguring when they do MOHS to remove it which I refused as he was known so I found out as a scalpel happy derm :-O omgosh!!. But so far no more seen (diff doc) and I'm always careful when the sun is out. Sorry long...just find sun care vital.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

I got a travel size of this in the Sephora Sun Safety kit and I don't care for it at all, I find it to be greasy, and I have dry skin.  I had used this before and liked it, so I don't know if they changed the formula, because I don't like it now at all. 

Occasional Contributor

I agree.  i thought it was greasy too.  It is supposedly oil-free but I felt that it didn't penetrate the skin and felt greasy.  It never seeed to absorb in the skin.

Trusted Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

I used this a long while back I used this when having normal skin, younger.. it was okay..think it had a slightly different name.. I did not know much about sunscreens and all but did in my early 40's thank goodness! anyway, I'm not sure if this is a stable SPF and if a chemical type..okay just looked it's very much chemicals! I steer away as they are just not enough and burn my eyes and are chemicals...we have enough toxins just by eating an apple not organic :/ I slather on a 40+ mineral (zinc 7 to 10% is best) and go with that as I am light and use a lot of it. My makeup looks great over after using a primer. I do not feel these light weight moisturizers provide enough SPF for people who need it. You have to apply a lot and make sue it's STABLE. Makeupalley skin board had helped save my skin and I'm 58 with good skin.

This has nothing great in it ...just my opinion. When you are aware of ingredients you will see this is no diff then maybe a drugstore cheap brand...look and see Smiley Wink hope this helps and it's just my 2 cents. PS: had a pinpoint basal cell cancer on top of my nose 3 years ago, I used antiox and stable C and still do daily and SUNBLOCK all over b/c it can be disfiguring when they do MOHS to remove it which I refused as he was known so I found out as a scalpel happy derm :-O omgosh!!. But so far no more seen (diff doc) and I'm always careful when the sun is out. Sorry long...just find sun care vital.

I am so grateful to you and others for your responses. I take your statements as great advice and think I will pass this on. I like the information you gave, sorry about the basal cell but you had good knowledge and took care of yourself. Kudos ! I am happy you imparted all of the information that you did.It is good to know the opinions and experiences of others. I am very light myself and always searching for the Holy Grail of sunscreens. I have recently been treated for breast cancer so I am in tune with these things. 

Thank you again for your story. It helped more than you can know.

May the  holiday for all of you be a peaceful and safe one.  Woman Happy