Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

Never have used his products ~ usually use Isomers ~ but this retinol looks like a good deal and a good product.

Would love anyones pros or cons .

My favorite retinol!  Love it!  GREAT VALUE!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

For those interested Paulas Choice gives this product 5 stars.

https://www.beautypedia.com/skin-care-reviews/by-brand/peter-thomas-roth/_/Retinol-Fusion-PM

I agree with her reviews.   I tried Paula's retinol, and I peeled terribly with it--more than with RETIN A.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

tried it 

did nothing

Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Roth TSV

[ Edited ]

I've always believed that prescription Retin-A was much more effective than any kind of retinol and pretty much shunned retinol due to the fact that it has to go through conversion steps in order to be absorbed and used by the skin.  Retinol weakens with each of those steps so that made me skeptical.  When looking at a retinol product ingredient label, seeing it halfway down the list and then knowing it was going to weaken even more before my skin could even use it caused me to not put much confidence in it.  I used to use Retin-A, but stopped awhile ago.  Over the past year or so, I've been hearing and reading more about effective retinol products, PTR's being one, so that made me curious.  I've been tempted to try PTR's since it's gotten so many good reviews, but I ended up choosing Mad Hippie Vitamin A serum instead.  I just ordered it the other day, haven't had a chance to try it yet. The retinoid in it is new form of Vitamin A called Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate.  It's ready to be received by the skin without going through those conversion steps.  It's getting lots of great reviews on many sites.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Roth TSV

[ Edited ]

I am also trying Mad Hippie Vit A serum for the first time. It has a newer type of A in there as Jean stated above,  same one is being used now by Dr Murad.  Roth's did nothing for me either, and 6.7 oz would last me a lifetime. Also keep in mind Roths is 1.5 %, I see many out there are from 2 to 3%, some encapsulated for less irritation, such as Consult Beaute.

Valued Contributor

He does test on animals if that is important to you.

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Are you aware of a form of Retinol for very sensitive skin? I hope you don't mind me asking.Is Mad Hippie expensive for you girls that ordered it?

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Are you aware of a form of Retinol for very sensitive skin? I hope you don't mind me asking.Is Mad Hippie expensive for you girls that ordered it?

Mad Hippie is not an expensive line, I have bought the C serum, A serum, eye cream and the face cream. All products are priced around $25 or so maybe less, , eye cream is less. Can be found on ebay, amazon, Vitacost and Swanson and Pure Formulas.

Respected Contributor

I use rx Retin-A, but have used PTR in the past and it worked well for my skin. Granted, I was fairly young when I was using it (prob late 20s/early 30s), but it did not irritate my skin at all. Wanted to also note that he does test on animals, for those that like to take that into consideration. I'm also not sure how a bottle this size would stay effective, anyway..... 

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@fluffysmom - reasearch the Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum.  I think you'll be impressed.  It's not expensive either. $26-$33 depending on where you order it from.