Honored Contributor

Re: Personal Grooming Task You HATE The MOST?

Facial Hair Removal!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Facial Hair Removal!

@CANDLEQUEEN Can you use the facial hair removal by Nair?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Facial Hair Removal!

@CANDLEQUEEN Can you use the facial hair removal by Nair?

@ECBG . I have never tried it, maybe I should give it a try. Right now I am using the Contour sold on QVC, and it works fine, but I have to do it so often . 

Honored Contributor

I detest keeping up with the few pesky white hairs that always pop up on my chin. Electrolysis and laser hair removal when I was younger, zapped all the darker hairs, but these are relentless. 

DH knows if I ever go into a coma, etc. (God Forbid) or can’t take care of my personal needs, get those tweezers and pluck those darn hairs daily before I receive any visitors. 

Honored Contributor

Coloring my hair. I don't care for spending lots of time and $$$$ at the  salon, so l do it myself. I have long off-black hair, and l'm touching up the grey, so that's kind of high-maintenance, lol. Such a mess! Meh...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

I miss my nearly waist-length hair, but I hated straightening it since I have curly hair.  Now it is short and I still pine for the good ol' days.

Contributor

Just about everything. I have tremors and neuropathy which have caused me to get dizzy and fall in the tub. Luckily my daughter was around when I screamed for help. I bought a shower seat which pretty much fills the tub up but I can sit if dizzy. After that is drying off, creaming, drying hair etc... Hate it all. I was so scared of the shower for a bit that I bought those body cleansing wipes for the no shower day. 

Honored Contributor

Hmmm...I can’t think of any beauty task I hate, but I do get all of them done professionally.  I ❤️ my salon visits - nails/pedi, hair color/cut, waxing. The only things I do myself are shower/wash/style my hair & apply my make-up every day.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Eyebrows and facial hair.   No more problem with facial hair now that  I use the Contour hair remover from QVC.  Eyebrows:  now that I'm old they don't grow fast.  I get them waxed at nail salon, but don't need to do it very often.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@SandGirl   @SandGirl You really made me laugh with your comment.  I too hate the hassle of washing my hair and "doing it".  I can't say I've ever cancelled my plans intentionally to avoid the task but I CAN say I've been relieved when the plans fall through!   

@fitfuninformed   I am glad I could make you laugh!!  Smiley Happy  I am so lucky to have an understanding hubby otherwise I'm not sure what I would do, wish I could cancel going to work some days HA!!  Hope you have a great Monday.  Thankfully my hair fiasco for the day is behind me.  Monday- DONE!

@SandGirl  - Can you put your hair in a ponytail on the 2nd day and skip the washing, blow-drying, & curling?  Or you could wash it the 2nd day, but just put it back in a ponytail?  Do you every do ponytails?

I bet your hair is pretty.  Can you post a pic after you've curled?