Respected Contributor

Re: Personal Grooming Task You HATE The MOST?

@wagirl  It must be WA State Hair Stylist, I swear I have similar issues, I went to one forever and loved her, could leave the salon and run an errand, she moved out of state, I've tried high end salong, recommendations from friends, you name it and I haven't found one that I am excited to go back to. Honestly, since I don't color yet, I "try" (doesn't work well lol) to trim some of my own and now only going in once, maybe twice a year!  For me I would rather get a root canal then go have my hair cut - SERIOUSLY!!!  Plus, I have a sensitive scalp and some thinning and none of them know how to come out long hair, I want to bring all my own leave in's and do it for them, I lose a ton of hair while there because they pull my hair so much.  Anyways, your not alone hun  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Hands down, shaving everyday under my arms and legs. 

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Dying the roots. God I hate it more than death. 

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl-yes I am in Woodinville, WA-----OMG--the same thing for me--went to one girl for prob 15 years, then she left and since then I cannot find a person that will listen to me about my hair--not like I have complicated rules or wants either----just drives me up the wall and then having to pay $50 for something I hate-------was supposed to go in Friday for a cut---but there is NOTHING to cut yet, it is so short--prob be Sept until I need a cut. I think if I had the guts to cut my hair-----I might not  stop and shave it all off. Some really cute wigs out there now days--had 3 "dream" style wigs when I was going thru chemo, that I loved!! But I donated them back to the cancer store when my adventure was over. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Respected Contributor

I don't mind washing/conditioning my hair, but I hate styling it!  Hate it!  It's not as bad if I've just had a Keratin treatment, but by the time I'm ready for another one, my hair is a frizzy mess and takes a lot of work to tame it.  Like someone else posted, I've turned down invites just because I don't want to have to do something with THIS HAIR!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@haddon9 

This is off topic, but wondering if you've noticed any damage from the Keratin treatments?

I was having mine smoothed (maybe we've had this conversation) using a Pravana product.  But, made the decision to go back to my curls.

Yikes....if I can get through the summer without shaving my head, I might make it.  

My main concern was hair damage, but I never noticed any.  

Wondering if you've had any with the Keratin.

@Witchy Woman   No damage at all but I've only been having it done for about a year.  My hair is naturally straight, fine and thick.  Because it's fine it tends to do its own thing in hot & humid weather.  This was driving me crazy & my hairdresser suggested the Keratin.  So far I love it and my hair does what I want it to do!

Honored Contributor

Self tanning. And epilating my underarms.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

When my husband & I come home from a late night out & I am so tired that the last thing I want to do is take off my makeup. Don't wear much foundation but I hate taking off mascara!!! Oh and shaving my legs!!!

Respected Contributor

Washing my hair

Honored Contributor

Coloring my hair, I use dark brunette shades and it seems like I always make a bit of a mess.