Honored Contributor

Perricone vs NBT

[ Edited ]

@gacat123 and @rochelleS and @BExplorer

I decided to finish the conversation on a new thread as not to go so off topic on the other thread.

You were asking what I use of Perricone......well, just about everything. I have not had a problem with any of his products. And it has got quite expensive, but QVC's great prices have been a great chance to save quite a bit of money on Perricone. I purchase most of the TSV's and have around 15 of his products; some are morning only; some are evening only; and others just once in a while.

The NBT I talked about is WEN's Nourishing Body Treatment, which is a great body cream. Probably the best I have ever had. But my goal in using it only for the six weeks I was on vacation was an experiment to see if it would be a good substitute for Perricone, thus saving a lot of money, as the NBT is only $59/jar and goes a long way.

It did a great job of keeping my skin hydrated, soft and silky. But it did not address the few wrinkles and creases I have that Perricone works so well to diminish. @rochelleS very well may be right and I should give it a longer time to allow it to work. But although my skin did not "go bad" during the six weeks I didn't use Perricone, I could definitely tell that it was not at its best in the area of wrinkles. They seemed to start to show more, but only a very tiny bit.

So I kind of got nervous that I should get back on Perricone and in these few days since I have returned from Eastern Europe, I can already tell that my skin has benefited from Perricone again.

If I ever find that I can't afford to continue with Perricone, I would not hesitate to use the NBT or Tatcha, which also gave me similar results to the NBT.

The other reason I wanted to try the NBT during the trip was because I did not want to weigh down my luggage with Perricone. I use so many of his products and they are mostly in glass bottles and jars; whereas, the NBT come in either a plastic jar or travel-size plastic tubes.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler

I would love to hear your morning v. evening regular Perricone product use (even if you've discussed it on another thread).

I currently have the last TSV trio (neuropeptide night cream, cold plasma sub-D, and face finishing moisturizer) and just pre-ordered the September Perricone TSV (neuropeptide facial cream/day, 2 neuropeptide FIRMING moisturizers with DMAE).

Please share your routines!

Honored Contributor

Re: Perricone vs NBT

[ Edited ]

@1Professor Oh, dear me! ha! Is there enough space? Is there enough time to do this? I think I should own stock in the company! LOL!

Okay, you asked......

Morning:

DMAE Firming Pads (probably not replenish when used up; pads not as effective for me as the liquid DMAE)

Cold Plasma (absolute must!)

Signature Reserve (not always available but very good)

Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum (the best!)

Formula 15 (very good)

Re:Firm for the Eyes (really like for any puffiness that may appear under the eyes)

Acyl-Glutathone Deep Crease Serum

Neuropeptide Facial Cream or Re:Firm for the Face (depends on which one I have on hand)

Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint (winter only, to give me some color)

Sub-D (for the throat)

Now, I want to say right here and now that I have reservations about using the facial cream and the deep crease serum at the same time. It would appear to me that they are working against each other. I think how the Deep Crease Serum works is to plump up the skin, filling in the creases; however, the Neuropeptide Facial Cream tightens up your skin and I love the effect of that. So I am not sure if they cancel each other out and maybe I would get even better results if I only use one of them.

Evening:

Blue Plasma (gentle peel)

Alpha Lipoic Acid/DMAE liquid duo (I used to use the Blue Plasma along with this duo, but it is too much for the skin, so one night I use the plasma and the next night I use this duo. My skin couldn't take both....got very red.)

Cold Plasma (love!)

Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum 

Conformer (the magic product!)

Concentrated Restorative Treatment (love the feel it gives my skin)

Chia Serum (also sometimes pat this on throughout the day; great for any dry areas)

Neuropeptide Night Cream (love this too)

Sub-D (for the throat)

At least once a week:

Chloro Plasma - mask

OVM Serum - diminish fine lines

Neuropeptide Instant Serum - for fine lines; smooths out the face

High Potency Face Firming Activator (instead of DMAE sometimes)

This all seems like a lot, and it is. But really I do it without thinking about it. Just got in the habit of it as I found what worked and what didn't. I always get compliments on my face and how smooth and clear it looks.

I have used the Neuropeptide Necolletage, but do not find it as effective as the Sub-D; others prefer the NN.

I would like to try the Vitamin C Ester, but have not seen it presented on QVC.

I have tried the "no" foundation, mascara, blush, etc., and did not like it. Others love it.

I do not see a great benefit to any of his cleansers with my skin, so when I finish up the one bottle I have, I won't try any more.

As so many post indicate, the order to use the various Perricone products is always frustrating. I first went by the Protocol that you can download from the product site, and also comes with every order of his.

Also, there is the old adage of putting on the thinnest product first to the thickest one last. I have used both ways, but as is true with most things, you have to experiment and see what works for you. What I have outlined above is what I have found to work best for my skin and may not for yours.

And yes, I do let each layer soak in before going on to the next. However, I do a lot of patting of the product to the face, pressing it in. So the products last me a long time if I don't just try to slather it all over my face. That would really take a long time to dry.

And yes again, I get up a little earlier before work so I do not have to rush this process. On weekends I just spread each step out without hurrying.

Hope this helps @1Professor

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler:

As a researcher, may I say how MUCH I appreciate your specifics, dear heart! Yes, skin care is an experiment, but I plan to stand on your shoulders and take advantage of what you've learned.

Will now add several of the Perricone products to my routine (waiting for the pre-order to arrive). I already have a weekly peel I use that I will use up before considering more. And, along with you, I'm finding plenty of good-enough cleansers.

This was SO terribly useful. 

You've must've earned a zillion karma points for taking the time!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

On a different topic, where you in Eastern Europe?  I'll be in Austria and Hungry the month of October -- harvest fest & great wine.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe Yes, I was in Eastern Europe. After North Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, I went straight to Albania, then up the coast, visiting Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and ending up in Slovenia. It was a great six-week trip. I posted every day of that trip.

I hope you will consider posting your trip on our Travel Chat thread (soon to be Travel Forum, per one of the moderators), because it is fun to read about other people's adventures. Helps give us ideas about where to go.

In fact, @gacat123 husband and mother-in-law just came back from a cruise down the Danube and they were in Austria and Hungary. She posted his notes about their trip there, so you might want to read about it. She has done two main posts about his impressions and still has more to go. Smiley Happy

@JudyL is getting ready to leave for Ireland the end of this month and I am pretty sure she will be regularly posting too, giving us her impressions of the country.

I don't know anything about the harvest fest, but do know when I was in those two countries (Austria being my favorite of the two), I understand their wine was divine. I personally do not drink wine, but those who were with me raved about it.

In Hungary I rode horses; they are great horsemen and it was fun to watch them take the horses thru their paces.

Is your travel to those two places for business or pleasure?

@Drythe Forgot to mention, the Travel Chat thread is in the Among Friends forum, until the tech team is finished setting up a Travel Forum.

Frequent Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@gacat123 and @rochelleS and @BExplorer

I decided to finish the conversation on a new thread as not to go so off topic on the other thread.

You were asking what I use of Perricone......well, just about everything. I have not had a problem with any of his products. And it has got quite expensive, but QVC's great prices have been a great chance to save quite a bit of money on Perricone. I purchase most of the TSV's and have around 15 of his products; some are morning only; some are evening only; and others just once in a while.

The NBT I talked about is WEN's Nourishing Body Treatment, which is a great body cream. Probably the best I have ever had. But my goal in using it only for the six weeks I was on vacation was an experiment to see if it would be a good substitute for Perricone, thus saving a lot of money, as the NBT is only $59/jar and goes a long way.

It did a great job of keeping my skin hydrated, soft and silky. But it did not address the few wrinkles and creases I have that Perricone works so well to diminish. @rochelleS very well may be right and I should give it a longer time to allow it to work. But although my skin did not "go bad" during the six weeks I didn't use Perricone, I could definitely tell that it was not at its best in the area of wrinkles. They seemed to start to show more, but only a very tiny bit.

So I kind of got nervous that I should get back on Perricone and in these few days since I have returned from Eastern Europe, I can already tell that my skin has benefited from Perricone again.

If I ever find that I can't afford to continue with Perricone, I would not hesitate to use the NBT or Tatcha, which also gave me similar results to the NBT.

The other reason I wanted to try the NBT during the trip was because I did not want to weigh down my luggage with Perricone. I use so many of his products and they are mostly in glass bottles and jars; whereas, the NBT come in either a plastic jar or travel-size plastic tubes.

Are you saying you used the Wen Nourishing Body Treatment on your face? Or did you use it instead of one of the Perricone body lotions, on your body?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler

Hi,  My travel is frequently and Business / Pleasure.

I own my own business and am fortunate that I can choose to work overseas.  Traveling is one of my favorite things and I have been lucky to visit many wonderful places.

Have not seen the travel 'forum' will check it out.

I have taken a Danube cruse ending up in Amsterdam at tulip time, and been to Amsterdam on my own.  I like making my own travel plans best, although I like ships as well.  Well, any travel is good really!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe Oh, you are so right! Any travel is good. Smiley Happy

I am sure many of our Travel Chat gang on the Among Friends forum would love to hear about your adventures.

It seems I remember you posting around a year ago on one of the other forums that you were in Italy (?). Remember you saying you were having a great time.

Honored Contributor

Nine products in the morning, nine in the evening, plus four extra.  Wow.  This reminds me of Isomers, one has to use an obsessive number to get "results."  And yes, I tried Isomers all in one, didn't work.  After two expensive tubes of Perricone neuropeptide that were rancid, I gave up on his line completely.  Back to my regular routine, which combines Philosophy, Ole Henrikson, and Dr. Denese.  Three products in the morning and three at night.  .