Valued Contributor

Perricone supplements--Anyone else use them?

For the past 8 years I have been using the Perricone supplments.   I do really like the conviences of them--basically the pills come in little plastic envelopes that contain 7 pills.  You take one packet in the morning and one in the evening.  

Whlie I feel they do make a difference in the quality of my my health including my skin health--a friend feels it's a total waste of money as she feels it's likely that the don't actually stay in my system long enough to add a benefit. 

I am curious if others use them and what you think.  

I get a small discount for having them on auto delivery but they are kind of pricey.  Below are ones I use:

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 8.11.45 PM.png

Valued Contributor

Re: Perricone supplements--Anyone else use them?

[ Edited ]

Two months ago I started taking his green supplement as well.

This one you add to water and it tastes so good--not bitter at all like other green drinks!! I have it as an afternoon pick me up!!Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 8.21.08 PM.png

Honored Contributor

You can say that about ANY vitamin (not lasting long in your system).  I have issues with vitamins; so many give me a rash. Perricone's does not. I love them. Yes, they are expensive however, those that are made well tend to be.

Honored Contributor

I agree with your friend regarding such supplements, no matter the brand. Unless my very helpful and practical dermatologist were to recommend something ingestible, I'll stick with the normal topicals.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I agree with your friend regarding such supplements, no matter the brand. Unless my very helpful and practical dermatologist were to recommend something ingestible, I'll stick with the normal topicals.

What you ingest makes a HUGE difference on how your skin looks.

asltw

Honored Contributor

@ASLTW wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

What you ingest makes a HUGE difference on how your skin looks.

asltw

Yes, that's one of the reasons that I try to eat a healthful diet and stay hydrated.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

You can say that about ANY vitamin (not lasting long in your system).  I have issues with vitamins; so many give me a rash. Perricone's does not. I love them. Yes, they are expensive however, those that are made well tend to be.

I think Dr. Perricone does think quite a lot about the best way to delver products as well. And to a very large extent I also agree with the philosophy that you tend to get what you pay for!! 

Thank you!!

Respected Contributor

@Swissguy I have used some of the Perricone supplements but I found better prices and similar efficacy with Andrew Lessman supplements on HSN.

Contributor

Andrew Lessman 

Phytoceramides with Biotin did more for nails than anything. I had ridges in my  nails and now they are gone. I like the fact that for every bottle I order a woman in need gets prenatal vitamins. His shows are informative.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the Perricone fish oil when Sephora had their VIB discount and while it's too soon to tell if I notice anything, I do really like that they don't cause any "fish burps" at all.  I've had that problem with all the other fish oil supplements I've tried over the years.  They also have excellent ratings on multiple sites.

If you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, you might want to check for the Skin & Body supplements that you're taking.  I noticed them recently at the store near me in MA.  The date was 2018 so they weren't expiring soon.  

Personally I think there are so many conflicting opinions about vitamins and supplements that it's hard to know what is true.  If you're taking something and can afford it and you feel like it makes you feel/look better, I say keep on taking it.