Trusted Contributor

Perricone's No Makeup Makeup Line

I have used Perricone's No Makeup Makeup line for several years, both of the foundations (original and serum), blush, bronzer, and concealer.  Just recently, in the past year, I've developed an allergic reaction when using - itching, swelling and redness after removal at days' end.  

I often switch my foundations and at first couldn't determine what was causing the 'rash' if you will, but after a couple of times I narrowed it down to these items.  I even purchased new of each of the items to rule out that they were expired, and developed the same reaction.

Does anyone here know what might be in the ingredient deck to cause the afore-mentioned reaction?  Also, why I never experienced this reaction before while using these products?   

I use several of Perricone's skincare items, cold plasma, neuropeptide cream, acetyl-glutathiosone, eye cream daily - all with no issue.  

I had the thought of mind to contact Perricone directly but thought I'd try here first.  Any information or insight into my query would be most appreciated.  You ladies here are my best resource when it comes to matters of beauty - thank you in advance!

Respected Contributor

Re: Perricone's No Makeup Makeup Line

[ Edited ]

That severe reaction is SEE YOUR DOCTOR not "Customer Service."

A dermatologist can tell you immediately, if you bring the products to the appointment.

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed 

Not a user of Perricone products or makeup as well not a dermatologist who if I were you would cease using the products seek medical attention. Two years ago experienced severe reactions from skin care and makeup products. Thankfully I have a wonderful dermatologist my issues solved. Seek medical attention. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity @1Professor   Thank you both thus far.  I did indeed see a doctor at first incident, but have not since I narrowed it down to what was the cause.  Your suggestion(s) are to bring the items to him to identify/isolate the ingredient or combination thereof.  I might just do that so I know what to stay away from, even if I don't need to see him for an actual service or treatment, an office visit is an office visit.  

Thank you both again.

Occasional Contributor

I exclusively use the No Foundation Serum and I haven't had that problem, however I've read on many sites (Sephora, Ulta, etc) that a LOT of people have experienced this issue. They reformulated it a few times because I have different bottles with different ingredient lists. I haven't tried the newest reformulation and color expansion because they lowered the spf so I bought three backups of the original when Perricone had them 50% off. You may want to check out other retailers and read the reviews there because this seems like a common occurence. Hope this helps!