Respected Contributor

Perricone really short on information

I have commented on this before (for the fact checkers), but was struck again a few days ago by it.

Watched almost the whole 2am (central) hour of the TSV of Cold Plasma face and eye.  It was with the lady with short, blonde, hair, not Dana.  But Dana is pretty much the same.

A lot of oooohing and ahhhhhing about how wonderful the products are, but no real reasoning behind it.  Lots of time spent on a few before/after magic screen photos, but no explanations.  They just go on and on about how superlative the product is, how little you need to use, and almost no science on WHY it might work.  That sure doesn't sell me.

What is in it, and why does it help my skin?  Addresses 5 signs of aging.  They had almost an hour - how does it work?

I am surprised that this style of selling may still be working for them.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: Perricone really short on information

@hyacinth003 : As a scientist and previous Perricone user, I have recently stopped using their products for the same reason. 

I am also confused and skeptical about the large number of products one is encouraged to be using. The skin can only absorb so much. When there is a TSV (Cold Plasma, for example), Dana suggests this is all you need. Then when describing other products, not on TSV day, it appears there are numerous other products one should be using.

Sigh.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@hyacinth003 : As a scientist and previous Perricone user, I have recently stopped using their products for the same reason. 

I am also confused and skeptical about the large number of products one is encouraged to be using. The skin can only absorb so much. When there is a TSV (Cold Plasma, for example), Dana suggests this is all you need. Then when describing other products, not on TSV day, it appears there are numerous other products one should be using.

Sigh.

@1Professor 

I can only use 3 products (any type) layered at one time.  Otherwise it all pills up and is a mess.

You're right.  The skin can only take in so much at once!  They tell you to put everything on "clean, dry, skin."  Only one thing can go first!!!!

Hyacinth

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 I agree, and I'm confused as well.  In January, i bought the H2 Hydrating Serum and Dana said it was to go on clean, dry skin,  So do I need the Cold Plasma+ too, or does that take the place of it?  Not sure how many items I need that go on clean, dry skin? 

Honored Contributor

I have never used a Perricone product, and I didn't watch very much of any of the presentations.  However, I caught the end of one of the presentations.  Couldn't say who the vendor was, but she did list off several specific ingredients that addressed different issues.  I'm not sure if she was saying those particular ingredients were added to make it the Cold Plasma + or if those ingredients were already ingredients in Cold Plasma, but somehow I got the impression they were specific to the CP+.  It was in response to a viewer question about when to use it in their routine.  After she said to put it on first and could layer a moisturizer over if you wanted.  Then, the host asked about layering other products over and she said there would be no need to layer any more since the CP+ contained these ingredients that addressed specific signs of aging.  

Now, during the 1st presentation I kinda got a kick out of the woman who called in and said she was about 60 and taught millenials and they though she was in her 40's.  I turned to my husband and said "I wonder if she ever asked them what they thought a 60 year old looked like."  We both laughed and I handed the remote over to him and went to bed.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor  Would you mind sharing what product you are using now to replace Perricone?

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

You're right.  The skin can only take in so much at once!  They tell you to put everything on "clean, dry, skin."  Only one thing can go first!!!!

@hyacinth003  When that is said.......put everything on clean, dry skin.......I understand that to mean that you start out with a clean face, getting rid of not only any dirt but oil that may be on your skin. Then if you use more than one product, you layer. I believe all skin care companies want you to start with a clean face, which makes sense.

The only product of Perricones that I remember Dana specifically saying should be first on your skin is the cold plasma products, because they nourish (feed) the skin. Everything/Anything else is for targeted purposes, depending upon any need you might have. You might not need/want anything over the cold plasma.

Personally, I find that everything goes on better once I have used the cold plasma. I have tried putting my makeup on without the cold plasma, and it just doesn't go on as nicely/smoothly.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@1Professor  Would you mind sharing what product you are using now to replace Perricone?

@World Traveler : I have benefitted enormously from your patient advice on how to layer Perricone. Even the pamphlet that comes with orders lists SO many products, however.

I don't doubt that Perricone products work, but frustrated with not knowing exactly how or how many really needed. I ran out of Perricone, cancelled advanced orders, and decided to change for a bit.

Now using TATCHA. Another line whose process I respect. Wonderful products for dryer skin (I get SO tired of hearing "aging" or "mature" skin; our skin ages differently) and the Vitamin C night treatment is fantastic. Saw a difference the next morning.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 6.33.21 PM.png

I suspect skin might occasionally benefit from a change, since our bodies do adapt.

Respected Contributor

I think if one is a regular watcher of skin care on QVC & HSN most would know about how to apply products. Less is more. Simple is better. I really think that a simple regimen is the best. Our skin can get congested when to many products are used. One needs to do their research, read about ingredients, go read reviews from other websites. Plus face products can only do so much. They “cannot” tighten muscle under facial skin.
Respected Contributor

I have never bought anything from this brand- Watching them is a pure waste of time. They never actually say any facts about the products. JMHO.