Trusted Contributor

Re: Perricone presentations short on science

I don't care about clinical trials.  It's just opinions and perceptions.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003

I've been saying this for a while now.

Why on earth would a neuropeptide, naturally produced 'neuronal signaling molecules that influence the brain in specific ways' , have any effect when placed directly on your skin?? I've even looked it up but I find bupkiss on the subject...

What I do know is that the ingredient DMA has an instant effect BUT there's been no significant testing on it so we don't know if there's any long term advantage or concern...

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 It really is! And I admit--I didn't dig too deep. Woman Wink

QVC Social Team

Respected Contributor

It's super over-priced, and their spokesperson has an accent.  That's got to mean it's fabulous doesn't it?  I agree with all of you that the claims are silly.  There's a saying for all this you can look 20 yrs younger with this product: A Fool and his money are soon parted.  How is it our grandma's and moms used good old Ponds and looked great?

Respected Contributor

With the TSV over the last few days, it was same old, same old.

They devoted an HOUR to the same spiel.  Not just Dana, but the hosts and their other spokesperson.  I watched on purpose!  A short run through of neuropeptides, but nowhere near why we should part with $200 to buy it.  I want way more before & after photos.  I don't know why they don't change them up.  Not the only line that does this.

For the record, it was a GREAT value if you use Perricone.  Just one of the products costs $240 on its own.

Their "studies" are ridiculous.  If you give someone a product that you say is supposed to be "all that," most people will unconsciously believe it is.  Has to be SCIENTIFIC to mean anything to me.  I truly want to know HOW the product works.  Maybe we're in the minority on that!

I am okay with the smell of the products, EXCEPT Cold Plasma.  I cannot tolerate that  product, and the scent doesn't go away for me.  I got a trial kit and just had to discard it.

Maybe it works for them to be short on real details.  I know it doesn't work for me.  Just tell me HOW it works and I may consider the product.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

I ordered the last Perricone tsv and almost returned it after a couple of weeks. So glad i didn't because I'l getting results, it isn't instant but it is working for me. I think younger gals don't see the results as much as us more "mature" over 60 might .

I'm thinking as long as Perricone has been on the q many must be getting results or they would be dropped.