Honored Contributor

Perricone - Updated - Another New Product

[ Edited ]

Have not seen this on QVC yet, but hope it comes soon. Would like to try it. It costs $80 and is called Hydrating Cloud Cream. Hydrating Cloud Cream.png

What It Is

The Hydrating Cloud Cream helps prevent dehydration in skin by drawing and absorbing moisture from the air leaving even very dry complexions looking and feeling energized and renewed. This lightweight moisturizer is perfect for all skintypes, especially those looking for powerful hydration without the thick, heavy texture of traditional creams.

Switch on your skin’s natural cellular energy with Perricone MD’s proprietary H2 Energy Complex™ to experience visible rejuvenation, advanced hydration and radiant-looking skin. The products in the H2 Elemental Energy™ Series feature uniquely innovative textures, which are extremely hydrating yet incredibly lightweight. Powered by Hydrogen, the smallest molecule in the universe, H2 Energy Complex™ rapidly penetrates the surface layers of the skin with a boost of hydrating vitality so that your skin looks re-energized and radiant.

What It Does

• Helps prevent loss of moisture by drawing and absorbing moisture from the air.
  • Leaves even very dry complexions looking and feeling energized and renewed.
  • Fragrance-free, gentle and lightweight formula.

What To Expect

Due to the science and compounds used in our products, the feel and scent may vary.

Texture

Cloud-Like Cream

Consistency

Lightweight

Scent

Unscented

Consumer Results

98% agreed skin felt hydrated.

98% noticed skin felt rapidly refreshed.

98% agreed skin felt smoother and softer.

96% noticed an improvement in the appearance of skin texture.

96% agreed skin feels like it can breathe.

92% agreed skin appeared reenergized from dull to radiant.

H2 Energy Complex

Rapidly penetrates the surface layers of the skin with a boost of hydrating energy to help provide immediate and long-lasting hydration.

Ingredients

Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Porphyridium Polysaccharide, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacrylate Starch, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Phosphatidylcholine, PCA, Sodium Borohydride, Arginine, Dimethyl MEA, Aspartic Acid, Arachidyl Glucoside, Carbomer, Cetearyl Glucoside, Pullulan, Disodium EDTA, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

Application

Dr. Perricone recommends applying to face and neck in gentle circular motions in the morning and evening. For an extra boost of hydration, layer over H2 Elemental Energy Hydrating Booster Serum.

Application Process

Area

Face and Neck

Amount

Generous Amount

Frequency

2x per day

• Cleanse skin with your favorite Perricone MD cleanser.
  • Apply generous amount of Hydrating Cloud Cream to face and neck in gentle circular motions.

Use both morning and evening.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Perricone - Another New Product

[ Edited ]

Jar Packaging is a No No:  With most skin-care formulas, all that is necessary to protect the beneficial ingredients is a container that minimises air exposure and keeps light, and your fingers, out of the product. A pump or airless jar (meaning you can't take the lid off) design or an opaque tube with a very small opening is enough to keep these important ingredients protected during the product's lifespan, and allow your skin to reap the rewards.

Remember, no matter how great a product's formula, jar packaging, and to a lesser extent clear packaging (i.e., let's light in), is always a deal breaker. Given the number and variety of products available today that come in air-reducing or airless packaging, why waste your money on products whose most beneficial ingredients will soon be gone after first use?

Respected Contributor

Looks like it's mainly water and glycerine.

Super Contributor

Got the email about this too.  Looked at his website but it is out of stock now.  I wonder if this is the product that was supposed to be new and was being announced in March.  And what is it with this "cloud" all of a sudden?  First Peter Thomas Roth and now Perricone.  A new buzzword in skin care?

Super Contributor

I have very dry skin, tried the PTM hydration, did absolutely nothing just sat on top of my skin. Maybe Perricone will be better. When one person comes  out with a "new and improved moisturizer" everyone follows.

Respected Contributor

I never buy over-priced, over-hyped skin products. They do not perofrm magic. They do not 'firm, tighten ' or decrease, remove wrinkles. Physically impossible.A lot of things can 'hydrate' your skin....like a great organic moisturizer that doesn't cost $80....or more!

Frequent Contributor

Is there any truth to the belief that jar packaging is extremely unhygienic, and/or detrimental to the shelf life of a product? If jar packaging is as awful as people say it is, why do companies use it?

Jar packing of products can be done perfectly safely and it is not something people should worry about. Of course, this assumes that the formula has a proper preservative system. There are some small companies who avoid preservatives and use jar packaging. This is unhygienic and extremely dangerous in my view. If you are buying an “all-natural” cosmetic, avoid jar packaging unless they use a proper preservative. But for cosmetic products produced by large companies, jar packaging is perfectly safe.

What about ingredient efficacy? Can that be compromised by jar packaging? I have often read that the air exposure from opening the jar accelerates the degradation of some skincare ingredients.

Not really. Opening a jar causes the top layer to oxidize which can make the product feel less appealing, but it won’t have much effect on the efficacy of the ingredients below the top layer.

This is from Perry Roomanowski, a cosmetic chemist

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ludog wrote:

Is there any truth to the belief that jar packaging is extremely unhygienic, and/or detrimental to the shelf life of a product? If jar packaging is as awful as people say it is, why do companies use it?

Jar packing of products can be done perfectly safely and it is not something people should worry about. Of course, this assumes that the formula has a proper preservative system. There are some small companies who avoid preservatives and use jar packaging. This is unhygienic and extremely dangerous in my view. If you are buying an “all-natural” cosmetic, avoid jar packaging unless they use a proper preservative. But for cosmetic products produced by large companies, jar packaging is perfectly safe.

What about ingredient efficacy? Can that be compromised by jar packaging? I have often read that the air exposure from opening the jar accelerates the degradation of some skincare ingredients.

Not really. Opening a jar causes the top layer to oxidize which can make the product feel less appealing, but it won’t have much effect on the efficacy of the ingredients below the top layer.

This is from Perry Roomanowski, a cosmetic chemist

@Ludog

I don't doubt Mr. Roomanowski's information.

The issue is once the product is opened, and closed, again and again, and exposed repeatedly to air, and, hopefully clean fingers, problems can easily develop.  Additionally, I don't want to lose the efficacy of even the top layer, however deep that is, of a product that costs $80.00 a jar.  Isn't there a 'new layer' created every time the jar is opened?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I never buy over-priced, over-hyped skin products. They do not perofrm magic. They do not 'firm, tighten ' or decrease, remove wrinkles. Physically impossible.A lot of things can 'hydrate' your skin....like a great organic moisturizer that doesn't cost $80....or more!

@ellaphant wrote:

and the point is...that you disapprove of Perricone moisturizers.

Have you tried the aforementioned products? If not, we get the drift of your response.

Trusted Contributor

When they say it's taken from outside air for your skin to take in, that's simple Hyaluronic Acid or Sodium Hyaluronate. 'Cloud' my butt lol this is like something new? I now see this HA cloud, puff, cushion whatever it seems to be all over now LOL

It's in many many serums and one can buy this cheap.

IMHO there is nothing special about this and BTW, HA is not so good for skin long term and purely HA (as in 1st on the list).

Read up..I heard of this years ago and now just use a serum with it in it but not pure HA

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky