Honored Contributor

Re: Perricone TSV a great value

It's an each to their own kind of thing. The prices for Perricone are high, there's no two ways about it. That said, those who like the products and are not put off by their cost undoubtedly found this to be a good choice. As for me, although I'd have liked to order, I'm afraid I did just find the overall cost, regardless of whatever value there might (or night not...) have been, to be too expensive. What I'd really like to know is whatever happened to the trial kits. I used to occasionally order Perricone when I could get them, because, for me, they really were a good deal. Unfortunately, I haven't seen one in a while.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb  Well said.

As for his trial kits: Ulta has one, Nordstrom has one and his site offers a few (or did). Keep an eye on the Nordstrom once their anniversary sale begins; trial/travel kits usually appear then.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@stevieb  Well said.

As for his trial kits: Ulta has one, Nordstrom has one and his site offers a few (or did). Keep an eye on the Nordstrom once their anniversary sale begins; trial/travel kits usually appear then.

@SahmIam Thanks for the information. I'll keep a look out... It's unfortunate that QVC appears no longer to offer these deals, but I guess I'm not surprised...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I ordered the tsv.  I do get botox on my forehead though only about every 4 months.  This was because of frequent and involuntary eyebrow movements that were extremely annoying aside from them causing major wrinkles on my forehead.  I had to make these movements STOP.  At the time was using Perricone and had just started with a few products in his line.  I also use Retin A from the derm.  I decided that i looked way too old for my real age when I began using Dr. P and getting botox (both around the same time, 4 years ago).  I decided to get fillers around the mouth parenthesis which really bother me.  I do this once every year.  I can only afford that much.  I got lip injections once and loved that but they have long since disappeared.  Anyway, the nurse esthetician who did the injections was reinforcing to me that in addition to fillers, botox, etc, you must use good skincare.  She was trying to sell me on some line she carried and asked what i used.  When I said Perricone and every other night Retin A, she got very quiet and said "can't go wrong with that." and decided not to pursue the hard sell as I was happy with what I was doing.  I also add JM argan oil on top of it all at night as I've noticed peeling with both Retin A (normal) and Dr. P neuropeptide night.  I am looking forward to tsv as I have not tried any of these items.  Currently using the Supersize Algenist serum and it's not bad, but I decided I could not pass up this Dr. P tsv.  The eye alone is something I need because again, the nurse said a good eye cream or serum is a must and at present time I don't have one.  I guess this was a long way of saying one type of treatment does not replace another and both do entirely different things.  Plus maintaining results and helping the genetics you have never hurt anyone.

Valued Contributor

After years of watching I finally got the Perricone TSV and just started using it today.  I figured I have a month to see if I like it.  Question on the Neuropeptide Cream, I applied a small amount and did not get nearly the slip Dana gets when applying it to her models.  I'm assuming she must use much more for tv purposes.  I'm being stingy to make it last but I certainly didnt get to massage all over my face over and over again like she does.  Any tips on this?

Trusted Contributor

@virgosun wrote:

After years of watching I finally got the Perricone TSV and just started using it today.  I figured I have a month to see if I like it.  Question on the Neuropeptide Cream, I applied a small amount and did not get nearly the slip Dana gets when applying it to her models.  I'm assuming she must use much more for tv purposes.  I'm being stingy to make it last but I certainly didnt get to massage all over my face over and over again like she does.  Any tips on this?

I squeeze out a little more than a nickel size onto my palm. It takes a little trial and error, but keep trying until you get the proper amount. I believe that she uses more than needed on the models for TV. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Valued Contributor

Also wondering , at night can you use the Conformer and the eye serum from the TSV over retin A or over Dr Denese firming pads with glycolic acid?  Thanks for helping a newbie !!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@virgosun wrote:

Also wondering , at night can you use the Conformer and the eye serum from the TSV over retin A or over Dr Denese firming pads with glycolic acid?  Thanks for helping a newbie !!!!!!

The only thing I ever use with Retin-A is a moisturizer over it.  I use it every other day, at bedtime. That is just me.  Someone can say I am incorrect if they like!

As to the Dr. Denese firming pads, I think you can use it over them.  I would if I had them.  I hate their stickiness, just a personal thing for me. 

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

I got the TSV and I also just received the other deal, the nighttime Neuropeptide Cream and the Facial Moisturizer.  Could anyone tell me, do you use the moisturizer day and night?  I notice the Night Pepetide is creamier than the day peptide.  Using all for a month and will decide if I see any noticable changes.

Contributor

Yes, you can use the Face Finishing Moisturizer both day and night. When you put it

over the Neuropeptide Night Cream though, use it sparingly, as it will seem like

over kill. I can remember when they first started selling the Neuropeptide Night

Cream, and Dana used to say that she didn't need to put a moisturizer over it,

so I guess it depends on how much moisture you think your skin needs. I hope

this helps. Enjoy the products, as they are all really good!