Honored Contributor

Re: Perricone TSV..Okay, I've FINALLY made my mind up::::

@lyn61 wrote:

As a woman, so many beauty products tempt alot of us.  I have been trying PTR, Philosophy, Dr.Denese etc.. WHERE DOES THE AGONY END???

My brain has been wobbled now by Perricone tsv. But I have come to my personal opinion now and I can put the millions of thoughts out of my head now! 

I am NOT purchasing the Perricone..

WHY?  Never tried this line by the way.  BUT, with all the other creams I do have when is enough enough??

Seems like many of us are on a road that never ends...I mean I purchased the Philosophy TSV earlier and the night cream is pilling on my face,, Yes I have tried putting it on by itself etc...etc...

So now my brain is hard at work deciding should I return this!!!!  Geez!!!

I tried the Josie Maran TSV and I sent that back as the Vanilla / Almond smelled like CAVEMAN SCENT.

So here I go again, I am thinking about the WEN TSV coming up in march...Just more to wobble my brain some more.....

I am baffled by your comments ... why is this such a big decision for you?  Do you REALLY need more stuff?

Here's a thought .... STOP buying anything related to makeup and skin care until you REALLY need it.  You may have something at home that you haven't tried yet that's absolutely perfect for you.

Or, here's another thought .... stop watching beauty shows entirely.   Instead, put your money in the bank.

Valued Contributor

Wow Tinkrb144, That's alittle harsh.

Honored Contributor

the more I watched the presentation the angrier I got at the audacity of perricone charging such exorbitant prices for a product that does not cost $700.00 to manufacture, not even $200.00 (probably more like $6.00), that does NOT change how your skin behaves but offers temporary cosmetic change. If it truly altered anything you'd be on a maintenance program; not still continuing to use the same product for the rest of your life. You stop using it and your not left with different skin; you simply look old again in a matter of days...

Free enterprise is a wonderful thing but where do you draw the line?!

My cousin was recently cured of his Hep C.. He was fortunate to be in the trials for this new miracle cure. He was paid $1200.00 Those who now want to purchase it? $12,000.00 PER PILL!! I just find it all very frustrating and frankly disgusting...

Valued Contributor

I agree that the prices of the Perricone products are just ridicilous. I know many couldn't purchase without the specials that run here and on ther Perrisone site.

People must be getting results or he wouldn't stay in business.

Not sure if you stop using you'll age in a few days. I"ve used off and on for many years and that hasn't happened to me when I"ve stopped for awhile.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@lyn in MI wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The skin's function is to act as a barrier. Virtually nothing can get past it that wasn't designed to do so. And what might even get through would then have to contend with a trip to our kidneys (which are filters) via our bloodstream.

The idea that ingredients in skin care or cosmetics can adversely affect us internally is misguided. Of course, they can wreak havoc with our skin if they are harsh or they trigger a reaction.

BTW, I don't use Perricone products.

Thank you, @suzyQ3.  PerriconeMD does not use nanoparticles, so none of the ingredients found in his skincare can make their way into one's bloodstream.  

@lyn in MI, I think you'll find this recent scientific study on nanoparticles very interesting:

(Phys.org)—Research by scientists at the University of Bath is challenging claims that nanoparticles in medicated and cosmetic creams are able to transport and deliver active ingredients deep inside the skin.

Nanoparticles, which are tiny particles that are less than one hundredth of the thickness of a human hair, are used in sunscreens and some cosmetic and pharmaceutical creams.

The Bath study discovered that even the tiniest of nanoparticles did not penetrate the skin's surface.

These findings have implications for pharmaceutical researchers and cosmetic companies that design skin creams with nanoparticles that are supposed to transport ingredients to the deeper layers of the skin.

However the findings will also allay safety concerns that potentially harmful nanoparticles such as those used in sunscreens can be absorbed into the body.

The scientists used a technique called laser scanning confocal microscopy to examine whether fluorescently-tagged polystyrene beads, ranging in size from 20 to 200 nanometers, were absorbed into the skin.

They found that even when the skin sample had been partially compromised by stripping the outer layers with adhesive tape, the nanoparticles did not penetrate the skin's outer layer, known as the stratum corneum.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-nanoparticles-dont-penetrate-skin.html#jCp

Journal reference: Journal of Controlled Release

Provided by: University of Bath

@suzyQ3 Good article, ty Still I am wary..that's me.

Clothes and sheets impregnated with ant-wrinkle nanos and all rub against our skin (not mine lol) I read and keep an open mind.

In medicine it's a wonderful thing, and in skincare when safe for medical condtions. (Nanos)

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky