Honored Contributor

Perricone Review - Pre:Empt Series

[ Edited ]

I recently ordered some Perricone products during his website week of sales around Thanksgiving time. With my orders came a nice, free tri-fold packet of three Pre:Empt products...Skin Perfecting Serum, Oil-Free Hydrating Cream, and Brightening Eye Cream to try. In fact, I ordered enough of his regular products to merit six sets of these packets!

Although it is too early to say how well (or not so well!) these three items work, I thought I would let those of you who are more sensitive to the smell of some of his products know that these three do not have a negative odor, at least not to me.

The first one I used was the eye cream, and I did not notice a scent at all. I stuck my nose right into it, and nothing.

The second one I used was the hydrating cream, and although there was a slight scent, it was not offensive to me. In fact, I can't even describe it. Sorry 'bout that.

The third one I tried was the perfecting serum, and again, nothing. No scent at all that I could detect. 

I noticed that the information sent with the packets mentioned that these products have "naturally derived" ingredients that include the cress sprouts (have never heard of cress sprouts before.....maybe it is short for watercress), turmeric, olive leaf, and green tea.

If his Pre:Empt products happen to be the TSV on New Year's Eve, and you want to try them but might hesitate due to past negative odor experiences, my personal experience is that there is no strong smell in any of the three.

Honored Contributor

Re: Perricone Review - Pre:Empt Series

@World Traveler wrote:

I recently ordered some Perricone products during his website week of sales around Thanksgiving time. With my orders came a nice, free tri-fold packet of three Pre:Empt products...Skin Perfecting Serum, Oil-Free Hydrating Cream, and Brightening Eye Cream to try. In fact, I ordered enough of his regular products to merit six sets of these packets!

Although it is too early to say how well (or not so well!) these three items work, I thought I would let those of you who are more sensitive to the smell of some of his products know that these three do not have a negative odor, at least not to me.

The first one I used was the eye cream, and I did not notice a scent at all. I stuck my nose right into it, and nothing.

The second one I used was the hydrating cream, and although there was a slight scent, it was not offensive to me. In fact, I can't even describe it. Sorry 'bout that.

The third one I tried was the perfecting serum, and again, nothing. No scent at all that I could detect. 

I noticed that the information sent with the packets mentioned that these products have "naturally derived" ingredients that include the cress sprouts (have never heard of cress sprouts before.....maybe it is short for watercress), turmeric, olive leaf, and green tea.

If his Pre:Empt products happen to be the TSV on New Year's Eve, and you want to try them but might hesitate due to past negative odor experiences, my personal experience is that there is no strong smell in any of the three.

@World Traveler

If so, I'd think about it too.  Big hold back, I tried the GOLD STANDARD set, NADA.  Plus Perricone is not to my knowledge Cruelty Free.  Smiley Sad

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

According to the Perricone website, all of the Pre:Empt Series products contain Fragrance/Parfum - except the eye cream.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

According to the Perricone website, all of the Pre:Empt Series products contain Fragrance/Parfum - except the eye cream.

@ Montana Thanks for checking on that. At least my nose was correct on the eye cream. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's an update on the three products in the Pre:Empt Series, for which I received six sets of samples with some other really awesome deals on Perricone products I purchased from his website during Thanksgiving week.

Since I have several days off from work, I have been using all three of them with nothing else on my face......no other products of his and no makeup. I really like the feel of all three; they are very light on my skin.

Although the packets are small, I am able to get at least three uses out of the brightening eye cream packet. As with so many of his products, a little dab will do 'ya. Smiley Happy

The skin perfecting serum is quite light and leaves the skin silky, similar to the Cold Plasma feel. A single packet is enough to not only do my face, but the neck and chest area.

The oil-free hydrating cream is not as heavy on my face as his face finishing moisturizer: this new one is lightweight.

If this happens to be the TSV on 12/31, I will not have had a chance to tell you the long-term effects of using the trio, but I am enjoying how they feel on my face.

And as mentioned in my initial post on this thread, I do not find anything offensive in the slight smell of the hydrating cream, and do not detect any smell at all in the other two (although @ Montana checked out the ingredients and they show some scent in the serum and hydrating cream). Normally, my sense of smell to things around me is quite strong. I don't do well hanging out with people who wear their perfume heavy.

Again, these products are advertised as good for those who want to "pre-empt" the appearance of the first visible signs of aging (fine lines, pores, dark circles, puffiness, and dehydration) before they start. And the ingredients are derived from phytonutrients, which help boost antioxidant response.

If any of you decide to purchase these, if/when it becomes available on QVC, or decide to go to his website if QVC doesn't carry it, please post your thoughts and results. I am curious to see if others find these to be great on the skin.

As of this date, I do not see it on QVC; however, the great Cocoa Mask is on QVC, and I am certainly enjoying using that. Definitely smells like chocolate!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

...And as mentioned in my initial post on this thread, I do not find anything offensive in the slight smell of the hydrating cream, and do not detect any smell at all in the other two (although @ Montana checked out the ingredients and they show some scent in the serum and hydrating cream). ...

I want to clarify - it is not the scent of perfumes that bother me. The problem is that any perfume, whether a good smell or a bad smell is irritating to my skin.  So whether the fragrance is strong or slight doesn't matter.  An undetectable fragrance would still be irritating.